2023 Suburban Premier 5.3L 4WD - Observations and Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerry455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drive with my lights on all the time. There are too many people looking at their cell phones while driving and not seeing my big burgundy Suburban. I have no problem with the auto start on my Suburban. It works quite smoothly.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I drive with my lights on all the time. There are too many people looking at their cell phones while driving and not seeing my big burgundy Suburban. I have no problem with the auto start on my Suburban. It works quite smoothly.
I usually turn off my auto stop. In most cases stopped at light or in straight line traffic it does work smoothly and barely noticeable. I read a lot about the technology and the engineers say it is designed for its use and doesn’t have any negative consequences on the starter or engine but you have to think that more cycling of the starter has to increase wear.

The major downside that scares me is the left turn after stopping situations that happen almost every day I drive. You have to make left turn in between oncoming traffic after stop or almost stopping - a safe gap in traffic to make the turn if your engine is running! If it has to start as you come off brake and apply throttle that is definitely not safe and can’t be good for engine or starter.

Still can’t see any economic benefit from disabling daytime running lights but can see the safety benefit of extra visibility.

Flugzeugfuhrer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used cheap Chinese FOB for 2020 Yukon Denali XL to have an extra. The owner's manual describes how to program it yourself - about 30min. The only thing I didn't do is take the FOB in to have the manual key portion cut.

djnice

Reaction score
All 5.3 Premiers come with quad tips. Its a plus to getting the Premier. They sound better too.