Vents in the back of seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake707

Reaction score
My wife and I were shopping for some time and looked at a bunch of yukon XLs in the 2015 - 2020 range before buying our 2017. One thing we noticed is a lot of the models we looked at before had vents molded in the back of the front seats but the '17 Denali we have now has smooth leather backed seats. Is this an option our for some reason didnt come with or was something changed in years along the way? Not a big deal, really dont know what they were for, maybe AC vents for the rear passengers, but just thought it was odd ours didnt have these.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not familiar with that generation but on my generation, the models with the ventilated (cooled) seats have a vent along the bottom and those that do not have a taller map pocket.

OP
OP
J

Jake707

Reaction score
Yes it has the two heated settings and the third AC setting for the two front seats but the backs of them are solid leather

OP
OP
J

Jake707

Reaction score
yup front of them is perforated. My wife says she feels air coming out of them, I never do but could be difference in clothes, seating position etc haha. Here’s a couple pics

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    203.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 3

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I maybe wrong, but I think it's been noted on this forum before that the earlier models had "cooled" seats and the later ones had "ventilated" seats.
The vent ports in the back of the cooled seats blow hot air out when the cooled seat feature is activated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigRed23