Vibration - Braking/Accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
This issue has me stumped, i'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a '99 4dr LT with 79k, stock suspension.

When i'm braking, my rig slows down no problem, tracks straight, no vibration, until i get to the point where it is about to stop...lets say 0.5mph. When the truck goes from rolling to stopping, there is a vibration coming from the rear for a split second.

When i lift off the brakes an accelerate, same issues...light vibration from the rear only for a fraction of a second.

It doesn't vibrate while driving and there are no current issues with the suspenion/brakes under normal circumstances.

Any idea what this is or where to start looking?

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Wow. That is a good one. Chock both the front tires on both sides, jack the rear of the truck up, and check everything for play. spin the tires by hand, and see if you can "feel" where it's coming from? Beyond that, I've got nothing for you.
:drunk:

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
i haven't checked the driveshaft - i assumed if it was, the problem would get worse at speed with that thing spinning. I'll check it though b/c i'm completely stumped :emotions122:

Maybe i will jack the thing up all around.

I'm also going to check the drums, maybe the springs are acting foolish

OP
OP
S

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I'm actually changing out the disks, pads, and lines in the next few weekends and will have the truck up on jacks...i have a suspicion it's the springs on the drums.

I'll revert back soon.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a NBS (01') and had the same issue but with the front. Had me going crazy for 6 weeks because I could not for the life of me find the issue. Anyway, Ended up replacind the Rotors, and Brake pads....Fixed my problems. My front rotors, and 1 of my rears were warped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968