Video Monitors: Drop Down or Head Rest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
Looking to put monitors in the back of the Hoe. What do you guys think? Two Drop down or two Head rest?

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to put monitors in the back of the Hoe. What do you guys think? Two Drop down or two Head rest?

I always have liked the headrest setup, much cleaner looking and they are really not in the way.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headrests, IMO a drop down blocks the rearview mirror and I think it would end up sagging, or rattling loose with time+lots of bass.

OP
OP
Huck

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm surprised so many people think flip downs get in the way. I never use my rear view mirror, so that's never been a real issue for me. lol

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headrests. Overheads side by side, especially larger ones, take a little more work to look as clean. The headliner starts to contour towards the edges and then you have the a/c ducting to deal with also. Not that it can't be done, it just takes more work to make them look as clean as a headrest install.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Frankly, I prefer a flip down over a headrest anytime. The biggest you can throw in a headrest is 10" and a flipdown you can put a 15" or 20". One for the 2nd row and one for the third, and your headrest won't need to be cut or replaced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwaynedoublin1

Latest posts