Video Monitors: Drop Down or Head Rest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
32" you got to be freakin blind. haha

Sell hmm... I need to see if the wife will let put in hers first Whooa! (I mean the headrest screens in her equinox). :hands:

meant for the rear of the truck so if you're tailgating you can have the gate open and watch da game or play ps3...etc...lol

weezel66613

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would go with headrests all the way. I worked in a stereo shop that many overheads installed by other people would fall while driving down the road. Audiovox makes headrests prematched to the interior with 9 inch monitors and a dvd built into each one. If you put 4 headrests in each person could watch a different movie or all watching one.

T3rry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 17" flip down for my truck, looking to install it in the next week or 2... i have done flipdown installs on a few vehicles and they have all turned out quite well IMO, and for me, there's a certain security with the flip down "outta sight outta mind" kinda thing, i would be afraid to come out of the mall or something and have my window busted and all my headrests missing.

my theory is, the easier they are to install, the easier they are to "uninstall"

OP
OP
Huck

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
wkkk.jpg

Went with the head rests. Probably going to do the drop down, too.

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im probably gonna get headrest monitors. i found some huge ones that come in headrest already... it was like 10.4inch monitors already in the headrest. for $345

Last edited:

dabeech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where did you find them? Looking to get some for my Yukon. What did you due for the DVD player? Or do you laready have the factory NAV/DVD?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to put monitors in the back of the Hoe. What do you guys think? Two Drop down or two Head rest?

I have a single drop down and headrests...

the headrest are WAY better for the 2nd row.

Overhead is better/only option for 3rd row, if 2nd is occupied.

What i do I let my older son sit in the 3rd row and leave the 2nd row headrest folded so he can see the headrest.

OP
OP
Huck

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
Where did you find them? Looking to get some for my Yukon. What did you due for the DVD player? Or do you laready have the factory NAV/DVD?

A friend of mine has a shop. So I got a great deal on the screens. For video I have a Pioneer Avic D3 that I use as my HU and I also have a rear mounted Valor DV-170. Right now, I'm back to debating about another two in the rear head rests, or just doing a drop down. I really like the way the head rests look, but I'm worried about putting them in the second row headrest since I don't have captain's chairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwaynedoublin1

Latest posts