Want rear bags for my 01 hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to lower my tahoe around 2-3 in the front and 2-4 in the back. I would like to be able to adjust the rear because I tow a boat and a camper every now and then. Can I just replace the rear coils with bags?

ianb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you thought about just getting lowering springs and helper bags?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the ART kit, it rides so much better towing with bags than with springs and helper bags. not cheap, but i tow weekly so it was well worth the cost for me. i also did the free travel mod and its also a must if going lower than 3" IMO

houstone003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its possible you just need to fabricate the brackets to fit where the coils sit

OP
OP
01yukon

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waxworkz, do you have any pics of your ride? I would like to see the travel. I thought about lowering, but have'nt had luck with the last two. Did a DJM 3/5 on an 01 tahoe and hated it and a beltech 2/3 on an 02 Denali, hated it. The ground force 2/3 wasn't bad. Just wondering if the Rear Bags would be a better ride.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Love the way mine tows with helper bags but I've gone through about 12 different setups to find my favorite. Free travel mod, adjustable panhard, bigger sway, some good shocks, and some good bags will tow better than anything else but it'll cost ya.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these are the only ones i have left after my computer crashed. if it doesnt rain here tomorrow i'll get some side pics. still waiting to redo the front, i have spindles waiting to go in and plan on getting the shockwaves for the front at some point

0c5d9078.jpg
5d90e53e.jpg
c9009252.jpg
4d2675d3.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

oh and that was before the free travel mod

OP
OP
01yukon

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good man! How does it ride going down the road? Is there a bolt in kit for he bags so I don't have to fabricate anything?

OP
OP
01yukon

01yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my stock air-ride system if anybody is interested. It's only 6 months old. The previous owner had the dealership put it on right before I bought it. $400

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Can't post in the classifieds cause I only have 56 posts.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it rides great, way better than with a static drop. the ART kit is 100% bolt in. the free travel mod requires some cutting but its not that big a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo