Wanting to add a third row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I have an 01 hoe with only a second row which I believe is how all the Z71's came (mine is not a z71) is it easy to add the factory third row does anyone know? On a side note, does anyone else have a front skid plate installed on their non Z71 tahoe from the factory?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Red, I am not aware of non-z71s having the skid plate option.

You must have a liftgate body to have a 3rd row, there are unsolvable clearance issues with the barn-door models.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Thanks Eagle, I do have a liftgate. I didnt know if the mounting points were under the carpet or not for it. I guess I will have to pull it up and check. Or maybe its in the video Tunastwins posted. Time to check that out.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Man, that video answered all my questions except the price of the brackets. I really appreciate it Tunas. Its really easy and the shop is local. I could tell by the area code of their phone #. I live in the same one.

Leadfoot1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Red, I am not aware of non-z71s having the skid plate option.

You must have a liftgate body to have a 3rd row, there are unsolvable clearance issues with the barn-door models.

Hey guy's,

New here as of tonight. 'Was lurking around as i just got an 02 Sub recently and also am going to get a complete Platinum Edition Escalade interior tomorrow for cheap. (Yeah!) But, the platinum has 4 captain chairs and the rear 3rd seat (which is nice for me since i have 3 little monstress!) but i have barn doors and i'm reading this now.

Does it apply to Suburbans also or??? I see hooks in the floor and they look like a place for the seat to go to
You got me wondering ther Eagle....

Please help asap, the guy at the yard has it all out by now.... :-(

I guess i could always build something to hold it if its not already capable of it.

I am kinda sure the subs all have the provision.

Thanks for the help,

I'll go introduce myself now :)

Lead.

KMV77

Reaction score
I just picked up a 05 tahoe, and it has the front skid plated, infact there's a rpo code (cant remember which one it is) stating offroad skid plated.
Kevin

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
So does the third row seating have the seat belts attached to them or do they mount to the wall somewhere?

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I just picked up a 05 tahoe, and it has the front skid plated, infact there's a rpo code (cant remember which one it is) stating offroad skid plated.
Kevin

I will assume an rpo code is a manufacturers code for the skip plate? I appreciate the info.

bigmike321321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an 01 tahoe and i have barn doors and i just put 3rd row seats in mine with no fitment issues

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts