Wanting to add a third row

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leadfoot1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it the same with Burbs? Mine is an '02 and has barns.

That brings another question, can you swap from Barn doors to Lift gate? Is it feasible, and if so what does it implie?

Lead.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have an 01 tahoe and i have barn doors and i just put 3rd row seats in mine with no fitment issues
pics?

Everything I have read indicated that the barn doors would hit the back of the seat when they are up.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Hey guy's,

New here as of tonight. 'Was lurking around as i just got an 02 Sub recently and also am going to get a complete Platinum Edition Escalade interior tomorrow for cheap. (Yeah!) But, the platinum has 4 captain chairs and the rear 3rd seat (which is nice for me since i have 3 little monstress!) but i have barn doors and i'm reading this now.

Does it apply to Suburbans also or??? I see hooks in the floor and they look like a place for the seat to go to
You got me wondering ther Eagle....

Please help asap, the guy at the yard has it all out by now.... :-(

I guess i could always build something to hold it if its not already capable of it.

I am kinda sure the subs all have the provision.

Thanks for the help,

I'll go introduce myself now :)

Lead.

well, unless it is a Escalade ESV (Esky burban) you may be in trouble.

I am not aware that the 2nd row interchanges, nor that the 3rd row can swap between LWB and SWB SUV.

Suburbans have a significant cargo area behind the rear seats. I see no reason why rear door type would make any difference on fitting a 3rd row in a Burb. The Factory on the other hand never offered a 3rd row/barndoor combo on SWB.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Eagle, your help and input is always appreciated. Those GMC rims look really nice on your hoe by the way.

ATLTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great video I was just looking into that the other day. I thought the hoes came with the brackets already hidden up under the carpets. Good to know, that they are not just incase I decide to proceed with adding a 3rd row.

Leadfoot1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ah, ok....The interior i'm getting is out of an ESV. I knew of that since its pretty obvious my truck is longer than a Tahoe or other shorty's.

What got me scared was your comment 'bout ''there are unsolvable clearance issues with the barn door models'' and i was thinking it was floor related but now get it, it was really about the door and clearance for the seat knocking on 'em, not the floor hook up.

I checked in my truck today and i have the pockets in front and i'm like the others at the rear portion, it looks like i need to remove those caps and get some brakets.

Like i said, i'm new to truck customizing (have a 69 Pro street Camaro and generally more into Muscle cars) But I got bit harder than i tought!!!

Since reading last night i'm looking for a HD hood, a belltech 2-3 drop, KMC Slide in 22'' (have 305-40-22 already in stock) and a SS bumper cover!

Thanks for the input, this sites sure looks shock full of info..... like i did not spend enough time on the web already!!!

Lead.

OP
OP
R

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Leadfoot, since I got on this site, I am also looking for an HD hood and bumper cover. Well, I found them, just looking for the money for them now. Its addicting seeing the modded trucks and wanting to do stuff to yours.

Leadfoot1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha! I hear you man!

My Camaro is going to paint jail next week after 3 years of chassis building and mechanical putting together (motor,trans, diff, suspension etc) I cant count the days i wanted to sell because its such a pain to wait and wait....Finally the House refinancing is due!!! So i'm including a few car dollars in the deal lol!!

My wife loves the truck too so more $$ out for this project too!!!

I'm usually out at Yellowbullet.com for car stuff, but this site seems to be the equivalent truck wise.

I talked to the guy at the yard last night and he had forgotten to have my interior taken out (offered to do it but he insisted they do) he said he'd get it done today and call me in the morning and....Its 7.38 now and i have no news...yet. Did not call not to rush and be a pain, but i'm calling in the morning for sure!

Later.

Lead.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eagle, your help and input is always appreciated. Those GMC rims look really nice on your hoe by the way.
Thanks a lot!

Just a semi-subtle mod (like the my Amber DRLs and Billet grill) to set it apart from the googols of White Z71, LS, and LT Tahoes/Yukons/Subs everywhere I go.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 01 hoe with only a second row which I believe is how all the Z71's came (mine is not a z71) is it easy to add the factory third row does anyone know? On a side note, does anyone else have a front skid plate installed on their non Z71 tahoe from the factory?

I have -01 Tahoe LT and it has skid plates installed, had to check RPO:s and there it was:
NZZ - OFF ROAD SKID PLATE PACKAGE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts