Warranty ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTA1904

Reaction score
I have 3 days to decide on warranty my bank offered me when i purchased the tahoe. I def want one just wanna see if theres a cheaper route. its good for 40k miles and 4 yrs. $2350 premier, $1883 elite, $1400, $900. the elite covers pretty much everything. i have 64k on my tahoe now. so itll be good until 104k and tilll 2014.

can the dealer offer me a better deal?

i tried those tv ones and they done work in california.

any suggestions?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, offer less and will to sign right then, those can be negotiated.

But IMHO, piece of mind is priceless.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Is it GMPP?
If its not, make sure its a good aftermarket warranty or it will be a waste of money.

OP
OP
DTA1904

DTA1904

Reaction score
the warranty is MPR, 200 deductible and transferable to the new buyer if i sell. im not sure if i can hagle w the bank tho as far as prics goes.

im gonna go to my buddies dealer (perry ford) hes the general sales manager hopefully he can hook me up. we'll see.

any other feedback ideas welcome.

OP
OP
DTA1904

DTA1904

Reaction score
Ok just got back from my local GM dealer. the guy whos sells the warranties told me my vehicle was still under warranty! I wanted to believe him but i was sure it came w no warranty, before i bought this tahoe i was searching dealers for tahoes (07-up) for 3 months. 90% had no warranty. the guy never pulled my vin number to check, he said he couldnt that i had to go to the service and take it in for something.

is it possible that i still have a warranty?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah it may just have a GMPP extended warranty from the get go like mine, or he may be referring to the powertrain warranty.

Erebos

Reaction score
can the dealer offer me a better deal?

i tried those tv ones and they done work in california.

any suggestions?

I have tried calling up multiple dealers throughout california to check on the price and after all the checking, I still found that the GMPP (bumper to bumper) at Black Pontiac (http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm) is still the cheapest. It's a legit GMPP plan. I just recently got my extended warranty from them and I just got my card from GM yesterday in the mail. Their price saved me almost $800 over the ones quoted by the dealers.

I'm not affiliated, related, or sponsored by this place by the way. I was skeptical at first but now that I got my card showing my extended warranty, I can vouch that this place is legit.

Do your homework and check around and go with whoever gives you the best deal. Just make sure that it's a GMPP from GM and not from some no-name.

Good luck!

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
amen HL, found an extended warranty program for my wifes 08 Altima, hundreds cheaper than local dealer online.Backed by Nissan.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GMPP cannot be bought once you exceed 36k/3yr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy