Water Leak 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
I need help trying to find out what issue and how to resolve a water leak coming from my passenger side engine.

I'm leaving behind a small water puddle when I park and it is noticeable when I pull out my driveway with a trail of water dripping. I tested out the leak to see if it is only water by leaving a white sheet of paper and letting it dry out. No Dex-Cool color, or smell, no oil (just a little bit of dirt), and it looks like it's just water. The Texas heat has been about 98 degrees on average and I would like to know what is causing this water leak.

2007 Tahoe with over 127k miles.

The pic below is where the water leak is coming from and it is dripping just below the object and behind the hose in the picture.

Suggestions? Thanks

attachment.php

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first, is the leak there in the morning? before you start the vehical? or after its been running for some time with the AC on...

check in morning, before you start vehical.
Check with engine runnning for 10mins idle or drive around block, with AC OFF.
Check with engine running and AC on...

redaddiction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the a/c condensation, my 2008 does the same thing here in Texas, if you were leaking that much coolant your temps would be sky high.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have been running the A/C-it is just water from the drain....I get a puddle after running it under the passenger side as well-I'd say nothing to worry about....

OP
OP
tonaaayyyy

tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
Wow, thanks fellas... I am so relieved. Now, I can use that money I was expecting on repairs for some new shoes on the Hoe'.

2010TahoeF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tony - Was the issue on this just the A/C condensation draining? I am having a similar issue where 'when I pull out of my driveway there is a trail of water dripping'. Thanks.

2010TahoeF

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also, when this happens, I was NOT running the A/C and the engine was cold :think: But I was able to locate the drip was infact coming from the condensation drain tube. Any help is appreciated. The drip does stop after a few minutes and does not occur after the engine warms up.

Thanks.

Tony - Was the issue on this just the A/C condensation draining? I am having a similar issue where 'when I pull out of my driveway there is a trail of water dripping'. Thanks.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Keep in mind When using auto setting it will automatically cycle the ac on and off

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel