Weathertech custom fit interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkipM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered the Weather tech interior for my 2010 XL Denali - I was disappointed it's a little more vinyl than rubber and made me feel like I was tryign to go back to that 1970's era vinyl Suburban - disappointing with $627 and I'm sending it back.... I would not recommend.

That being said I have had Weather teck rubber mats in 2 of my last 4 sedans and that thick soft rubber was worth the $ - Not this time.

Erebos

Reaction score
Did your have the 2nd row bucket seats or bench? I got one for my 2010 but the center aisle between the 2nd row bucket seats does not fit properly. It seems as if it was made for an entirely different vehicle. I took picture and spoke to one of the people there and it's been over 2 weeks still waiting to hear back from them on how to exchange for another one. I used to have it on the 4runner before and yes, it seems to be more rubber in the previous version compares to this version. It's a bit harder.

OP
OP
S

SkipM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2nd row buckets- fit was fair but I was expecting rubber and got vinyl skating rink for my bullmastiff so I sent the whole damn package back ~ $600 or so and replaced them with...train horns :)

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was highly disappointed with the cargo area liner as well. So much so that I never completed the set with the floor mats. Don't get me wrong, the cargo liner is better than nothing back there, but for the price, it really stinks.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Have you ever looked into the Husky mats? I really like them and have had them all the way around in the last 4 trucks I have owned. They are more of a ridgid hard plastic material, very easy to just pull out and spray off. Not everyone likes them though, but they have always worked well and looked good in my trucks. They are also about 1/2 the price

alfie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Making Weather Tech mats usable

I bought a set of Weather Tech mats for my 2007 Denali XL and was sick when I saw how slick (slippery) they were. I called Weather Tech and complained and all the desk help could do was to read verbatim the clenaing instructions that came with the mats (ie; no harsh chemicals,,,yadda, yadda). So I took Windex and a scrub brush and really scrubbed those suckers and viola! no more slick surfaces. They have performed well ever since. I think that the slippery feel was due to a mold release agent that adhered to the mats. But Weathertech should fix this or at least know what to tell their customers as to how to get rid of this problem.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have it in the cargo and it fits ok, but since i keep the third row in and i have cut out pieces, im just going to leave it be! haha

was thinking about the custom fit other pieces but now i may not go for it.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i actually like these mats aside from the $

I have the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd row (center aisle) and i have to agree, it is slick at first. After a few months it became normal on its own (losing the slick like feeling). Very pricey but I personally think they are awesome... they are laser cut to fit the edges with a lip on it for extra protection also. I would recommend them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou