Weird Clicking/Grinding noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sopethree

Reaction score
i have recently had a weird clicking/might be grinding noise comeing from my transfer case i belive. i dont know what it is. i got my transfer case flushed and refilled. it still does it. help!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Some one else here just had this problem and was convinced it was the t-case and broke his tranny a few days later. If you are not inclined to do a pressure, scan and visual inspection it I would get to a tranny shop and let them know what is happening before it gets worse.

OP
OP
sopethree

sopethree

Reaction score
Some one else here just had this problem and was convinced it was the t-case and broke his tranny a few days later. If you are not inclined to do a pressure, scan and visual inspection it I would get to a tranny shop and let them know what is happening before it gets worse.

ok.. thanks for the advice.

oldbrowntruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a clicking noise coming from the tail end of the transfer case. It ended up being the tail shaft bearing. The stock bearing is kept together by plastic internals that come apart and the ball bearing fall out into the case. There is also a circular clip inside on the tail shaft that can come apart. Both issues can cause a lot of damage, but the bearing coming apart will wreck the transfer case quickly. Have it checked soon.

oldsalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 oldbrowntruck.
I had the same problem a few years back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925