Weird prime like sound when parked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, curious if anyone else has heard this noise. Only notice it when parked in garage. 23 Yukon Denali. It sounds like a fly stuck to a sticky strip. That’s what I thought it was for a while until later on investigation. Crawled under vehicle and it’s coming from around the transmission/transfer case connection. There’s some fuel lines that run right there so maybe it’s that? But it will do it hours after being shut off. No key around. Almost like it’s sensing someone is around the vehicle? Lasts for about 4 to 5 seconds. Should I be concerned about this? Any help appreciated thanks.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Within a few minutes of shutting down, the electric brake boost system runs tests.

The fuel pump primes when approaching the vehicle with a fob.

If after blow has been enabled by the dealer, the interior blower fan runs at some interval to dry the evaporator in the heater/ac box.

But, not sure about any noises from around the transfer case. Need more info to help discern if this is normal. If you hear it regularly and it is easy to reproduce, I’d have the dealer check it.

OP
OP
Dirty30

Dirty30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Within a few minutes of shutting down, the electric brake boost system runs tests.

The fuel pump primes when approaching the vehicle with a fob.

If after blow has been enabled by the dealer, the interior blower fan runs at some interval to dry the evaporator in the heater/ac box.

But, not sure about any noises from around the transfer case. Need more info to help discern if this is normal. If you hear it regularly and it is easy to reproduce, I’d have the dealer check it.
Yeah I took a video of the noise and the area but I can’t seem to figure out how to upload here. Maybe the key fob is in the car and it’s sensing my movement and priming fuel pump that makes the most sense I was pretty sure it was coming from the fuel lines. And I’m hearing it around the transfer case where the lines make the 90? I’ll take fob out and see if it still does it. Thanks.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I took a video of the noise and the area but I can’t seem to figure out how to upload here.

You'll need to host it somewhere else (YouTube, etc.) and post the link here.