Weird rattling noise coming from engine bay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brizzzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rattling noise in engine bay - 2011 Tahoe 180k miles on this engine

Does anyone know what the is rattling might be? It just started on my 2011 Tahoe. It also continues for a couple of seconds when I turn the truck off. Seems to be at least somewhat intermittent because I have turned it on and off a few times and at the moment it’s not making that sound. Sounds concerning. Any help is appreciated!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know what the is rattling might be? It just started on my 2011 Tahoe. It also continues for a couple of seconds when I turn the truck off. Seems to be at least somewhat intermittent because I have turned it on and off a few times and at the moment it’s not making that sound. Sounds concerning. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for posting the video. The only things that may stay turning after you shut off the engine are the cooling fans. Give them each a twirl (with the key in your hand) and see if either of them are the source of the noise. Ba careful though because the fans can still start with the ignition off and key out.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh that sounds kinda solid.

I can't even guess. probably have to go thru the motions. pull the accessory belt off and see it for t goes away type thing

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

take the belts off and give everything a good spin by hand, or go grab a stethoscope and listen, shouldn't be hard to find

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter