Weird whining

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys have a rotational whining coming from the front end on my Yukon ,I also have already replaced the two front wheel bearing assemblies . The truck seems to be getting louder as time goes on any ideas?truck only has 50,000 miles and it's an 07 four wheel drive.

OP
OP
Y

yukonali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just FYI this forum ******* sucks y'all don't help anybody at all !!!!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's not exactly gonna help get any answers...

BUT If I had any info on your issue I would've chimed in but I don't... Sorry! Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question for you.

Haro504

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's hard to tell what the problem is? Have you checked you fluids. Does it whine all the time or just when you move? Does it increase with engine speed or vehicle speed?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
have you check rotors, backing space, brake pads for embedded material in pads, Caliper brackets or caliper bracket shims? I had a rotational noise before on the front left. it would only happen when i turned left. Found rust built up in the caliper bracket that caused the shim to not sit flush. WHen i turned it was enough to make it contact the rotor. Cleaned it and lubed it. Not a problem since

07whitetahoe

Reaction score
Just FYI this forum ******* sucks y'all don't help anybody at all !!!!

On a serious note, it's hard to discern a noise online when someone describes it. Talking with customers everyday and they describe an entirely different noise than what a vehicle makes.

50,000 miles is pretty premature for hub assemblies unless you have bad ones from factory. Brakes will be premature also, unless you live in extreme climates, (really hot, or cold with lots of road salt).

Have you had you tires checked? Although rarer on heavier vehicles, tires can create a growling noise, similar to a hub going out, and it will transmit in the front end.

Alignment could also be another option, or a front diff. actuator not returning causing the front diff to be engaged.

Try different things, put it in 4x4 and see if the noise changes, less, more or same? Does it do it worse in turns at highway speeds? Just some ideas to help eliminate possibilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRebel