What are these wires for? Where do they belong to? 2004 Tahoe 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rosythorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All. These couple of wire bundles, underneath the steering wheel, have been puzzling me. Where do they belong to? They both appear coming from the black box (dunno what it’s called) in the third pic. I am trying to solve the issue of lack of power to the passenger door. Any help is appreciated.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
R

rosythorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a closer picture of the black box where those wires arise from. The box is just lower to the left from the steering wheel column.

Attachments

• IMG_9834.jpeg
    IMG_9834.jpeg
    292.2 KB · Views: 5

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All. These couple of wire bundles, underneath the steering wheel, have been puzzling me. Where do they belong to? They both appear coming from the black box (dunno what it’s called) in the third pic. I am trying to solve the issue of lack of power to the passenger door. Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 432467
I believe the green and black wire connector goes to the parking brake sensor, which is way up under the left side and kind of hard to reach, that's a guess anyway
if you look up under there with a flashlight at the parking brake mechanism it is a copper color sensor way up in the back by the left side firewall area, if there is no wire there then that should be it. also looks like someone black taped a relay under the steering column might want to take a closer look at that as well.

OP
OP
R

rosythorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate the help. It seems the parking brake sensor is already attached to wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scrantonian