What are you doing about uncomfortable seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenTahoe2004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned every generation of Suburban/GMC Yukon XL 2000, 2004, 2014, 2018 - and every generation the seats have become more uncomfortable/ harder. The best seats for long distance were the 2004 Yukon XL - SLT that I had and still have today. I have driven cross country in the 2004 and the 2014 and shorter distances in the 2018. I got rid of the 2018 because they made it a SMV (Soccer Mom Vehicle) by putting electric motors for the 3rd row seats and raising the cargo floor 5" to house the motors for the seats. I have always liked the option of removing the 3rd row seats from the vehicle and leaving them in the garage. Best bet to fix uncomfortable seats is to go by an Upholstery place for cars and have them put different foam in the seats for you. Not sure if the Cadillac version would have more comfortable seats. Then you could order the foam for the Cadillac and put it into your Tahoe.
The 2004 seats were/are great. Especially the logo-less Escalade seats that were available in the Tahoe LT. I have a 2004 LTand a 2022 Tahoe Z71. I find the seats in the 2004 more spacious and more comfortable (they are 2+ inches wider than those in the 2022 - more shoulder room, too)

The 2022 Tahoe seems to be a vehicle designed by soccer moms for soccer moms - nothing against those soccer moms other than that they seemed to have forgotten that there are some tall, large framed customers out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
58caddy