What brand radiator should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a Delphi because they are the OE manufacturer but they don't make radiators anymore and the only place to find them is Ebay. The sellers on Ebay state that Delphi will not honor the warranty any longer. But for the price of $180 here on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELPHI-RADIATOR-Chevrolet-C1500-94-95-96-97-98-99-5-7L-/230602178518?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35b0f5ffd6&vxp=mtr

still seems like the best bet even though is has no warranty.

I researched so many other brands and they are all junk quality with bad reviews except a Ready-Rad for the same price as the Delphi.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_radiator-toughone-or-ready-rad_19920009-p?searchTerm=radiator

With the ReadyRad I get a warranty and I can go around the corner and buy it today. With the Delphi I get no warranty but better quality and have to wait. I also have to worry if I get a bunk unit shipped to me.

Not sure what to do I'm back and forth. The ReadyRad has lots of good reviews from people who own suburbans and yukons who bought it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Yes Delphi has discontinued the radiators for us. Maybe others to but have not looked that far yet. Ready-rads a.k.a. Vista Pro are excellent radiators as well. Good quality of materials and building. I would say they are generally equal to an OEM radiator IMO.

OP
OP
N

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have no idea what to do about this radiator situation. I have done extensive research now and pretty much both Spectra and Ready Rad are junk. I read in so many forums so many complaints.

Now I'm leaning on buying an AC delco end tank for $50 and just replacing that. I can't afford a $400 ac delco radiator.

The Delphi is out because I'm not risking $180 with no warranty. They will only take uninstalled returns so basically it's a risk of $180.

I have no clue what to do but I need to figure this out this week.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
So first you say they have a lot of good reviews for the Chevy SUV's but now they are junk? Which is it. Just pluck the money down on a local radiator shop or go to a parts store. I am sure some of them have got to have limited lifetime warranty deals and cost about $200. Also why are you replacing it in the first place?

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So first you say they have a lot of good reviews for the Chevy SUV's but now they are junk? Which is it. Just pluck the money down on a local radiator shop or go to a parts store. I am sure some of them have got to have limited lifetime warranty deals and cost about $200. Also why are you replacing it in the first place?

Yes I did say that but I did more research since then and found a lot more bad reviews. My radiator leaks bad.

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have good recommendations on aftermarket performance radiators? I would like something all aluminum and if possible to not have to use DexCool. Jumped onto Summitt and it looks like 34" length and 3" thich rads are going for about $500+. Can you guys offer up any suggestions? Also what is a proper size?

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my radiator busted while i was at the beach this spring break. had no choice but to limp it into town and replaced it with one from autozone. don't even know what brand it is but it was the only one in town that was a 34" so i bought it. seems to be holding up just fine but i had some trouble with the trans coolant line fittings seem to have a very small leak. every time i clean them i check back and there's a little bit of trans fluid. only problem i've had.

no cigar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which one is that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO