What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The radio in our 2019 just started this crap too, changing screens, changing stations and channels. Works fine for a half hour or so then goes haywire. Tried pulling the fuse to reset and cleaning and Pledge treatment for static, we'll see if that helps. Looks like a fairly simple swap out for the touch screen, at least on the youtube videos. I wonder if the GMEPP warranty covers this?
hers was acting like a ghost was touching it usually when you start it up the first time of the day and then after 10 minutes or so it would stop and work fine until the next day. I figure it was the digitizer. Doing just the digitizer is a hassle so I bought the lcd with the digitizer ($60). It took a couple hours being careful to not break anything (clips, etc) I have a bunch of tools that are perfect for doing this. video's show most of it but not the little details so I took pictures of different stages so I could put it back together the same way. The thing to pay attention to is the ribbon cables, be sure they are seated perfectly straight and no dust or particles on any of the contacts. I didn't have any screws left over so I guess I did ok. I used the video I linked above which is a good reference but that guy cut the little clips that are on a cover which I thought was kinda janky all you need is a pick tool and they come right out. not a whole lot different than replacing a laptop screen.
if you have the 8" screen that has the cubby behind it then this is the part number DJ080PA-01A
dealer price to replace it I read runs around $1200-1300
if you have a warranty that covers electronic parts then what you will want to do is take it to the service drive while it is acting up so they can see it happening otherwise it's unlikely that they would just replace it otherwise.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What year is your machine? Did you replace the membrane and glass panel or the whole unit?
this one was for the wifes 16, 15-18 should all be the same if you have 8" with the cubby behind it. I bought the lcd with the digitizer already attached, I didn't want to screw around and try to get the digitizer off & on, then if it still screwed up I would be mad.... less risk doing it as a whole piece. I put the radio back together then went out and just plugged it in and reconnected the battery to make sure it worked before I reinstalled everything.
only part i had to do twice was reinstalling the center console piece with the cup holders, I missed the bottom guide clip on the passenger side the first time drivers side doesn't have one.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DJ080PA-01A comes up as for 2015-2018 in titles all over, but is also listed for up to 2020 under compatibility, not sure what if any difference there may be for 2019-2020.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for added info. I'll get a video on the phone when it does it again and see if it's covered. Seems to be a pretty common issue too.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this one was for the wifes 16, 15-18 should all be the same if you have 8" with the cubby behind it. I bought the lcd with the digitizer already attached, I didn't want to screw around and try to get the digitizer off & on, then if it still screwed up I would be mad.... less risk doing it as a whole piece. I put the radio back together then went out and just plugged it in and reconnected the battery to make sure it worked before I reinstalled everything.
only part i had to do twice was reinstalling the center console piece with the cup holders, I missed the bottom guide clip on the passenger side the first time drivers side doesn't have one.
That console piece is a PITA. I didn't notice it either the first time. I ended up pulling it off to do something else a couple of weeks later and rectified the goof.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for added info. I'll get a video on the phone when it does it again and see if it's covered. Seems to be a pretty common issue too.
couple other things that could crop up is when you leave the battery disconnected it could reset the ambient temp sensor, compass, drivers window
in each case the window you just roll down and continue holding the button for 5 seconds, then roll it up and continue holding the button for 5 seconds.
for the compass if it says "cal" (calibrate) you just drive in several circles slowly under a clear view of the sky
and the ambient temp sensor you just go drive for 5 minutes over 20mph the whole time and it will self calibrate.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That console piece is a PITA. I didn't notice it either the first time. I ended up pulling it off to do something else a couple of weeks later and rectified the goof.
I'm surprised I saw right away, I knew the wife would say something if I didn't have it right and just happened to see the tab sticking out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and sure enough she just came back from taking the cat to the vet and ask's why the steering column piece is like that? and I didn't even touch that lol
it's got a little tiny slight bend in it where it clips together that's always been there.....

Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bloomfield, NJ * Lewes Beach, DE * Buenos Aires

These are what I got, except I found them on marketplace lightly used. Definitely a chore to install. Took me a whole weekend, but it was also was my first time doing headers and I'm a notoriously slow and steady worker. I do have 4wd, and didn't have any clearance issues. I changed my spark plugs at the same time, couple places mentioned that removing them gives more space to slide in and piece of mind that you won't break one. You'll need a variety of shallow and deep sockets, extensions, swivels, wrenches, etc. There are numerous helpful install videos on YouTube, especially for Silverados, but the process is the same. WOT sounds like a flock of bald eagles.

I'm about to order these for my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Did they fit right out of the box, or require any pipe modification?

k_arnold72

Reaction score
Cylinder 1 primary tube needed clearanced from the steering shaft. Alternative would have been to order one(steering shaft) from a Silverado. Just be mindful of any wiring near by.

I'm about to order these for my 2015 Tahoe LTZ. Did they fit right out of the box, or require any pipe modification?

Last edited: