What did you do to your 2015-2020 K2XX Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to smog it this morning after unplugging the range AFM disabler last night. Apparently didn’t drive enough miles for it to be “ready” to be smogged. I’ll try again tomorrow after driving 50+ miles today.
All this smog crap is such a joke.

Can’t wait until I mechanically delete the AFM and have it properly tuned.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to smog it this morning after unplugging the range AFM disabler last night. Apparently didn’t drive enough miles for it to be “ready” to be smogged. I’ll try again tomorrow after driving 50+ miles today.
All this smog crap is such a joke.

Can’t wait until I mechanically delete the AFM and have it properly tuned.
I did that on mine a while back. I was actually pulling up to the inspection station and noticed it. Unplugged and went on in since I was there. Passed okay. Which confirmed my guess that unless you’re in one of the few counties here that does an emissions test, they don’t plug in the computer.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that on mine a while back. I was actually pulling up to the inspection station and noticed it. Unplugged and went on in since I was there. Passed okay. Which confirmed my guess that unless you’re in one of the few counties here that does an emissions test, they don’t plug in the computer.
Yeah here in Scottsdale they plug into the obd. Which is annoying.
They plugged in and rejected me and gave me a print out that stated "evap system not ready" and "o2 sensor not ready"

Walkerfever

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I swapped in a Denali cluster a few weeks ago, and the only downside is that I lost oil pressure and transmission temp. I know I can get it through Tow Mode, but I want to be able to see it whenever. After a bit of research, I was able get Torque Pro working with Android Auto! Woohoo!

Attachments

• PXL_20240906_212005464.jpg
    PXL_20240906_212005464.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240906_215915946.jpg
    PXL_20240906_215915946.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20240906_222339286.jpg
    PXL_20240906_222339286.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 5

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil last night and discovered that one of my new sway bar bushings has torn and squeezed itself out. I wouldn't even say the front end was all that floaty before but today I towed the drift car with it like that and MAN it felt like I was towing with a lifted jeep with the sway bar unhooked. I highly recommend skipping this experience if you can.

Black bear's tune really did make the powertrain dramatically better for towing but it's just so damn slow compared to my Duramax that I find it harder to appreciate.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil last night and discovered that one of my new sway bar bushings has torn and squeezed itself out. I wouldn't even say the front end was all that floaty before but today I towed the drift car with it like that and MAN it felt like I was towing with a lifted jeep with the sway bar unhooked. I highly recommend skipping this experience if you can.

Black bear's tune really did make the powertrain dramatically better for towing but it's just so damn slow compared to my Duramax that I find it harder to appreciate.
what the axle ratio in the duramax? the denali should have 3.42

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the axle ratio in the duramax? the denali should have 3.42
3.73 but I've got 35s on it at stock height and a bigger turbo so the Duramax is at a gearing disadvantage for sure from stock. The Denali feels great around town and is definitely quicker unloaded but it's just not even close on the highway let alone while towing. I have been intending to put 4.10s in the Duramax for years to help overcome the tire upsizing but I've just always found other things to spend that money on.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hooked up the camper for a maiden try out before we head out camping/hunting this weekend. The Sub never had a hitch put in the receiver before. :thumbsup:
All lights from the Sub work at the trailer. And the Sub seems to be connecting the Sub primary battery to the trailer. :thumbsup:
The trans DEFINATELY seems to be running about 10-15 Deg hotter than the 2011 when towing. My guess is that the stock temp valve isn't fully open until 200DegF? Anyway I have the 158DegC valve on order. Can't run bypass because I need to keep stockish to keep my warranty.
I know it didn't happen if there is no picture - I forgot to take one hooked up. This will have to do - after I unhooked and poured a cold one.
IMG_3897.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jocooter