What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sbubbaklein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street Scene bumper and side skirts

got my side skirts put on. previously installed front facia. All started after hitting 2 cyotes which busted up the front. Realy like the SS look.

Attachments

• DSC01419.jpg
    DSC01419.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC01416.jpg
    DSC01416.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 75

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
got my side skirts put on. previously installed front facia. All started after hitting 2 cyotes which busted up the front. Realy like the SS look.

Agreed! I really like those sideskirts! Its different than what I always see. Looks great!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced a leaking plug seal on the truck's oil cooler housing. I noticed little drips off the bottom of the engine shortly after it was delivered to us. I figured they'd recently changed the oil and didn't take the care to wipe down any spills. The sway bar is directly under the filter, so I figured it got some oil on it, and that was dripping off. I wiped it off, but then noticed that the drips continued.

Upon closer inspection, it looked like there's a plug on the back side of the oil cooler adapter that bolts to the side of the engine, directly above the oil filter.

The oil cooler housing with the cooler lines coming out of the top:
oilcoolerhousing-vi.jpg

This plug is between the adapter and the transmission bell housing. I'm not sure why it's there, as there is NOTHING that would fit in that little space. I had to use a pair of channel locks to remove it. It wasn't that tight. The plug has what looks like a nylon washer molded on it. I checked with the local Chevy dealer, and they told me it would be 3-5 days to get one. I decided to try to fix it myself.

I grabbed a viton o-ring and reinstalled the plug using a metric coupler nut that I ground down so it would fit the hex hole in the back of the plug. On startup and some initial testing, it seems to be holding. I may go ahead and order a replacement, as I don't know how long the o-ring will seal, but it's good to go for now.

The oil cooler housing close up, showing where the plug is. The black dust cover on the front of the bellhousing has to come off to remove the plug:

oilcoolerplug-vi.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not a GMT900 you silly terrapin. :)

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my (new to me) 09 Yukon Denali last Thursday. Black on Black with the GMC 22" rims. Added a sub and amp on Saturday. Hopefully tinting it and doing led lighting conversion this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003