What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes I was surprised too and it was a nice learning experience. Once you pop the door panel off and put the window down about half way there are two 10mm bolts pinching the window bottom to the regulator chassis. The glass is pinched between two pieces of metal with rubber tips like mini vises. I wish I had more time to take pics and do a really good write up. But I can say for sure after working on many vehicles over my lifetime this was the easiest to figure out. And was nice to do some homework in case a regulator takes a crap you have an idea what to do. The bottom of those windows have no metal frame attached FYI it is all glass and that is it.

The nasty part was cleaning the years of crap off the glass below where the seals are and the felts. I had to use a lot of rags and simple green to break through it and clean that all up. Anyway here are the after pics. All the window tint I ever tried to do on my own was very tough in the past trying to do it in the vehicle. Taking the glass out of the doors made a huge difference in labor IMHO. I have that crappy static cling 5% on the rear 3 glasses but it works for now.

Another tough part is trying to trim the film straight around the edges. Cut it within a few inches with a pair of scissors. Set it in place with the adhesive soap solution. Squeegee it out. Use a sharp razor to scrape along the edge of the glass to trim fit it. Once you start to get it set and drying out use a new sharp razor to do your 1/8" to 1/4" edge cut around the perimeter. Still hard as hell. Also used a heat gun to help dry it and cure it. Not perfect but good enough for me.

I have plans to put some 35% on the front row sides tomorrow. I am worried about that though because the factory tint hides a lot of the rookie blemishes and mistakes. I figure I will try the passenger side first and if it turns out too ****** I can back track.

View attachment 277525 View attachment 277526
When I tint my windows I always run thin black pinstripe along the upper edge after trimming it. Hasn't let me down yet.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Yes I was surprised too and it was a nice learning experience. Once you pop the door panel off and put the window down about half way there are two 10mm bolts pinching the window bottom to the regulator chassis. The glass is pinched between two pieces of metal with rubber tips like mini vises. I wish I had more time to take pics and do a really good write up. But I can say for sure after working on many vehicles over my lifetime this was the easiest to figure out. And was nice to do some homework in case a regulator takes a crap you have an idea what to do. The bottom of those windows have no metal frame attached FYI it is all glass and that is it.

The nasty part was cleaning the years of crap off the glass below where the seals are and the felts. I had to use a lot of rags and simple green to break through it and clean that all up. Anyway here are the after pics. All the window tint I ever tried to do on my own was very tough in the past trying to do it in the vehicle. Taking the glass out of the doors made a huge difference in labor IMHO. I have that crappy static cling 5% on the rear 3 glasses but it works for now.

Another tough part is trying to trim the film straight around the edges. Cut it within a few inches with a pair of scissors. Set it in place with the adhesive soap solution. Squeegee it out. Use a sharp razor to scrape along the edge of the glass to trim fit it. Once you start to get it set and drying out use a new sharp razor to do your 1/8" to 1/4" edge cut around the perimeter. Still hard as hell. Also used a heat gun to help dry it and cure it. Not perfect but good enough for me.

I have plans to put some 35% on the front row sides tomorrow. I am worried about that though because the factory tint hides a lot of the rookie blemishes and mistakes. I figure I will try the passenger side first and if it turns out too ****** I can back track.

View attachment 277525 View attachment 277526

My wife's old car came with some 35% on the front windows, i loved it.
not factory, but who ever did it did a fantastic job.

i have not had too good of luck doing my own tint.
for some things its ok, but i suspect most of it is the crappy tools i use.

I have a "pre cut" kit for the ol vette, first attempt went poorly.
The cheap tool ended up tearing the tint if i press hard enough to get all of the fluid out, and if i press hard enough to not damage the tint, it looks like ass when it dries.
So the second set of precuts are sitting on the "Vette parts shelf" until i care again.
The heat gun idea would probably work, so far i have just been using the summer sun to fully cure it.

And i have a rattly window on the rear driver side of the hoe, it has been on the list to take it apart to see what's up with it.
usually there is some sort of felt lined adjuster, I'm hoping that's all there is.

I also saw signs that the rear door panel had been removed, and either broke a clip or just didn't put it back together right (gap).

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t even begin to say what the eyebrow % is. You can’t see it or the gap for the camera mount from outside. This is theothertwin. They left the camera mount in place on thecopcar, but no eyebrow tint.

View attachment 277586
I’m not a big fan of the eyebrow tint thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx