What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought all of you Cali residents might appreciate this.
For standard parts cleaner I have a tendency to use WD40 and some good ole Brake Cleaner if it’s stubborn build up (unless it’s anything plastic or an item I’m worried about damaging the paint/finish). For heavy duty work that needs to soak overnight I’ll dig out a can of Berrymans B-12 and a pair of thick chem resistant gloves.
I was at the store the other night and neither were available, so I found this caustic can of “melt away your anger”, now in an easy to use “fast blast me to the emergency room” spray head. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE [ask me how I know - f*¢kin& spiders!] and definitely not legal anywhere near the west coast.
7054BD59-4F3D-4332-AE71-B9268B99195E.jpeg5631951D-F278-4FDD-AEBC-1BEC428B40D1.jpegD7F9A2F9-BD57-4E9F-B39D-B4CF3BD841E1.jpeg

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For standard parts cleaner I have a tendency to use WD40 and some good ole Brake Cleaner if it’s stubborn build up (unless it’s anything plastic or an item I’m worried about damaging the paint/finish). For heavy duty work that needs to soak overnight I’ll dig out a can of Berrymans B-12 and a pair of thick chem resistant gloves.
I was at the store the other night and neither were available, so I found this caustic can of “melt away your anger”, now in an easy to use “fast blast me to the emergency room” spray head. HIGHLY FLAMMABLE [ask me how I know - f*¢kin& spiders!] and definitely not legal anywhere near the west coast.
FYI, for safe cleaning of plastic parts, I use Super Clean (formerly Castrol Super Clean) in the purple jug, sold at Walmart. Used full strength, it will strip paint if the part is soaked overnight. But doesn't seem to harm plastic parts at all.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
FYI, for safe cleaning of plastic parts, I use Super Clean (formerly Castrol Super Clean) in the purple jug, sold at Walmart. Used full strength, it will strip paint if the part is soaked overnight. But doesn't seem to harm plastic parts at all.
Eats aluminum--actually turns it into dust.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 348579View attachment 348580View attachment 348581
You can buy anything in Oregon, we don't have any crazy laws. We just don't allow salt to be used on the roads.
I second Super Clean, it works awesome. Just be sure to wear rubber gloves if using it full strength. Don't ask me how I know.

Oldewing

Reaction score
Did right side inner and outer tie rod's on the Denali yesterday. Took me longer to jack it up than change the parts. Tire shop wanted them changed before they would align it. Quote for work was almost 400.00, so I took her home, Rockauto and 83.00 , **** all done. Aligned this morn, all done too. Next up is bigger trans cooler upgrade. New one on bench. But truck won't fit in garage, and it's pouring here, so maybe tomorrow...