What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Front brakes pads and rotors. Should be a simple job. Then life punches you in the diggler for no reason.

Driver's side caliper boots didn't want to fold up properly when pressing them back, so that was a fun time.

Then the passenger side rotor bolt decides to be frozen & strip.

View attachment 409269

It's funny how an hour can turn into two.

I rebought Raybestos Element3 pads/rotors from RockAuto. I will say, I was happy with the braking performance throughout the 2+ years of service, and especially how the rotors didn't rust, so whatever that light paint/coating is that they cover the rotors in is pretty good against road salt/brine spray.
One thing they don’t like is stopping from 100+ mph. I warped my rears.
:(

salisburyv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well... I was just cruising lol, windows down, music blasting, NOT paying attention and there was was in my mirror, not sure where he came from he wasn't using radar and he wasn't marked on Waze I think he was sitting on a onramp 2 exit's back because that's the only place he could have been and is where they sometimes sit doing paperwork.
He was a little excited, gave me a follow my finger sobriety test after I told him I haven't had a drink in over 25 years.
I didn't think I was going that fast at first, then he said I was doing 110+ and pulling away from him :rolleyes: :driver:

$fine will probably be around $300-350 after it is all said and done, I will just add it to my collection of tickets

he has radar check marked on there but it wasn't on unless my V1 has suddenly bit the dust

i challenge every ticket. i win about 80%. i like to recall as much as possible. when you question the radar, you can feel free to point out you have a good detector, do for that fact alone his story doesn't make sense, because if he was anywhere near you , you would've known

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i challenge every ticket. i win about 80%. i like to recall as much as possible. when you question the radar, you can feel free to point out you have a good detector, do for that fact alone his story doesn't make sense, because if he was anywhere near you , you would've known
he got me, I can't deny that and apparently they are targeting that area because I have seen 4 cars pulled over in the exact same spot since then, basically each time I drive thru there. I need to slow down anyway for the time being.
just drove 4 hours, 2 of them thru tight twisty hairpin turn 2 lane roads, that was fun. You can only go so fast thru those unless it's a closed course. People just pull over and let me by