What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no clue. New GM coolant tees don't leak lol I'll pop off the cap and let it run for a bit heat on high

forget the exact bleed procedure for an ls, but it's super simple like idle till up to temp, shut down till it cools completely. top off res and done.

could be the stat. ls's are weird and have the stat on the cold inlet side of the engine and the temp sensor is on the opposite side in the head. so they do odd things sometimes.*edit* what I mean by that is there's some time to equalize Temps between everything because of the placements. it might just be you didn't pay attention to it before as much and didn't notice the cycle.

if you do change the stat, only use oem. I'm pretty sure it's made by Mahle/Clevite. motor rad seems to have bought out every other brand name. they just feel cheaply made and I've seen people test the Temps and they vary alot.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forget the exact bleed procedure for an ls, but it's super simple like idle till up to temp, shut down till it cools completely. top off res and done.

could be the stat. ls's are weird and have the stat on the cold inlet side of the engine and the temp sensor is on the opposite side in the head. so they do odd things sometimes.*edit* what I mean by that is there's some time to equalize Temps between everything because of the placements. it might just be you didn't pay attention to it before as much and didn't notice the cycle.

if you do change the stat, only use oem. I'm pretty sure it's made by Mahle/Clevite. motor rad seems to have bought out every other brand name. they just feel cheaply made and I've seen people test the Temps and they vary alot.
I just changed the thermostat and hoses thermostat cover

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh. did you go from oem or aftermarket stat?

probably not a big deal

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you did more than just heater hoses......
drive it up on some ramps or jack up the front, start it up, let it cycle the thermostat, top off.
if that doesn't work then you got a funky thermostat.
That wasn't all today. I did the radiator hoses and tstat when I first got it last year..anyway i opened the reservoir and let it run. All good now.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn't all today. I did the radiator hoses and tstat when I first got it last year..anyway i opened the reservoir and let it run. All good now.

You got to rev it up to around 2 grand or so and get that circulation going though everything. Glad it's ok now. When I did my water pump a month ago I let it run to operating temp with the cap off topping off as needed. But I had 0 heat. Once I revved it up for a bit it kicked right in. Got to blow all that air out.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got to rev it up to around 2 grand or so and get that circulation going though everything. Glad it's ok now. When I did my water pump a month ago I let it run to operating temp with the cap off topping off as needed. But I had 0 heat. Once I revved it up for a bit it kicked right in. Got to blow all that air out.
I took a trip to VA today and when I undid the cap there was a lot of pressure from the air bubbles that got released.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap