What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
can't get this p0420 code to go away so ordered 4 new 02 sensors as a gamble just to see $177.00
if that doesn't fix it I will try and get the cat warranted but doubtfull, stupid thing is only 6 months old, the 02 sensors are about 5 years old with 75k on them.
something seems to be borderline the code will come up after 3-4 days right before it should be ready
When I had a bad cat I had the same symptoms. It took a while to run the monitor test, it would fail, and flag a code. That was on my NBS tho

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I had a bad cat I had the same symptoms. It took a while to run the monitor test, it would fail, and flag a code. That was on my NBS tho
I have had cat's go bad before but not in 6 months that's just crazy, getting close to time to do the 02's anyway so figured it might be worth a gamble
at least I can tell the shop that installed it that I tried everything.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't get this p0420 code to go away so ordered 4 new 02 sensors as a gamble just to see $177.00
if that doesn't fix it I will try and get the cat warranted but doubtfull, stupid thing is only 6 months old, the 02 sensors are about 5 years old with 75k on them.
something seems to be borderline the code will come up after 3-4 days right before it should be ready
That's a fun one to chase down

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a fun one to chase down
well it should simply be a bad cat, but if a 02 sensor is giving slightly incorrect information it could be a problem if anything it would likely be the downstream but I am not going to screw around and just try 1. If that doesn't work then at least I will not have to worry about the sensors for a good while again.
sensors should probably be here Monday I will put them in and reset the fuel trims and cross my finngers.
truck runs fine, I might even just have the code turned off and say screw it until it's time to have it smogged again, c.a.r.b cat's are not cheap right now

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it should simply be a bad cat, but if a 02 sensor is giving slightly incorrect information it could be a problem if anything it would likely be the downstream but I am not going to screw around and just try 1. If that doesn't work then at least I will not have to worry about the sensors for a good while again.
sensors should probably be here Monday I will put them in and reset the fuel trims and cross my finngers.
truck runs fine, I might even just have the code turned off and say screw it until it's time to have it smogged again, c.a.r.b cat's are not cheap right now
Even though I already have the actual physical flex fuel sensor, once I found out that it was likely my oxygen sensors causing the calculations for the ethanol content to be off prior to installing the sensor, I bought new sensors. And have had them for a long time and have not installed them yet.
So I'm wondering if even though the sensors I have in it now are relatively new. Only a few years, they were not OEM spec necessarily, so maybe these new sensors will fix that.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even though I already have the actual physical flex fuel sensor, once I found out that it was likely my oxygen sensors causing the calculations for the ethanol content to be off prior to installing the sensor, I bought new sensors. And have had them for a long time and have not installed them yet.
So I'm wondering if even though the sensors I have in it now are relatively new. Only a few years, they were not OEM spec necessarily, so maybe these new sensors will fix that.
no idea, I know the ones in my 6.2 are heated and have had a rough 75k life, I have had luck before in the past just changing a 02 sensor for a cat code and it worked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrsheyden10

Latest posts