What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's 2 different rubber "seals" on these. The inner one is the actual seal and this outer one is just a rubber mount surface to protect the paint.

Here's some good info on this with some pics

Interesting, I always thought it was a crack, not an intentional channel.

Now I'm worried that by silicone-ing the gap, if any water seeps in from the front or sides, that it won't be able to evaporate.. which could cause what harm??

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's 2 different rubber "seals" on these. The inner one is the actual seal and this outer one is just a rubber mount surface to protect the paint.

Here's some good info on this with some pics

I missed this post, thanks. That us a great pic of something none of us never see on here. I will post it here as well. Thanks again.

20180911_163627.jpg.8ec467a2bc5c9ed94307c70d6ad4f8ed.jpg

Tag: shark fin

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prepared(sanded) new rotors and got ready to install them with new pads because my rear brakes have been sqeaky.
Found the previous mech installed both inside pads on one side and both outside pads on the other.

View attachment 438712

The outside pads have a rivet, which interfered with the piston, denting it and when I pryed the caliper off, it tore off some part of the stainless? cap.

View attachment 438713

Ripped the stray metal off the piston and pushed the edges down.
Pads had 50%+ so I sanded the old rotors as well and reinstalled old pads in correct locations.
Couldn't see any taper on the old pads, for now they are quiet again.
Probably the raised edge on the rotor doing the squeaking is my guess..

Saving the new pads/rotors for the AXN axle swap instead..
THIS is why I do my own work.

DamThatRiver24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lol, so while digging into a different problem today, I decide to scan for Enhanced DTCs on my code reader and I come across a recurring P0573. Which is strange, because we've had zero issues with the brake lights, cruise control, etc.

The switch (the usual culprit) is cheap and it's like a 5 minute job, so i figure what the hell, I'll swap it out anyway just because.

Only one the parts store had in stock is the house brand (Standard Ignition) which had mixed reviews, but I was impatient so I went ahead and grabbed it anyway. I should have known better, but sometimes we all need to be reminded...

(Switch was bad right out of the gate, stuck with brake lights perpetually on lol.)

Slapped the old one back in and I guess I'll just wait a couple days for the ACDelco one. Lmao. (Like I said, we haven't actually had any apparent issues, so whatever.)