What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwinters14

Reaction score
where does your amp pick up power from?
Directly off the battery with that 4awg wire.

And is your alternator wire upgraded as well?
Yes it's an 0 gauge wire. It's in the picture there, but I'm planning on redoing my power terminal as well since that little 10mm bolt doesn't inspire confidence. I just have to plan out everything since there's 3 or 4 connections I have to make and 3 of them have to be fused. I hope that'll fix it, or it might be too late for this battery and I have to get an XS or something higher powered.

I can pull up on my window switches with the windows up and my headlights don't dim anymore so I know under the hood is rock solid.

I just think the amp pulls more power than it puts out and it pisses me off :)

Pandabird

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Put her to the test today and she passed with flying colors. My first really big haul! Tow/haul mode is a very interesting feature, it feels like an entirely different gearbox! Nothing out of the ordinary except for a distinct low tone "brrrr" at 2k rpm ~50mph like it's a much lower rpm. Step on it a bit and it goes away. Anyways this was the main reason I got my Tahoe in the first place and yeah, i'm more than satisfied. Will be more than adequate for pulling horse trailers in the future

Excavator haul1.jpgExcavator haul2.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put her to the test today and she passed with flying colors. My first really big haul! Tow/haul mode is a very interesting feature, it feels like an entirely different gearbox! Nothing out of the ordinary except for a distinct low tone "brrrr" at 2k rpm ~50mph like it's a much lower rpm. Step on it a bit and it goes away. Anyways this was the main reason I got my Tahoe in the first place and yeah, i'm more than satisfied. Will be more than adequate for pulling horse trailers in the future

Cool trailer, whatya haulin?

bobsburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2500 'Burb is officially de-jankified with the addition of new headlights to replace the one that leaked, a Dorman driver door handle that is steel reinforced so it doesn't break when this fat-ass gets in the truck, fender flares, and a skid plate underneath. Also installed a new temperature sensor to see if it fixes the "Engine Hot/AC Turned Off" code I've been getting randomly and noted in this thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/engine-hot-warning-ac-lockout.150990/

This all follows the new Bilstein 5100 shock absorbers, new front and rear bump stops, new aluminum radiator, and all fluids changed out. I'll get around to new tires in a month or so and new brakes and front rotors before our trip next June.

Pix to follow. Currently entertaining the grandkids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andy Galvin