What have i done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dmarkellos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a 04 yukon...........from an auction.....life happened and I needed a vehicle like pronto... .all honesty this suv wasn't even on my list...I hadn't check it out at all....but it looked very similar to the car I did want to bid on....trying to keep this short but...I ended up buying it...got it 2 miles down the road...starts bouncing....not like hit a pot hole bounce but like i just ran over a t-rex kinda bounce....dashboard lights up like a Xmas tree...messaging....service Brake system....service stability....ABS...check engine...Brake light......etc etc etc....don't no the mileage cause I can't find it .....already started on the engine and actually it's purring....but this stability check...what the f@# is that ??....plus it has 22 inch rims with tires that were shredded ....is the cause of the bounce ?....guys I'm broke...I needed this car and now I'm stuck with it and before I bleed any more $$$...I need some serious advice....

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

As @OR VietVet stated, you may need to have a local trusted shop check it out, rather than throwing the parts cannon at it.

One thing that you can do first at no cost is to remove the battery and have it bench tested at a local auto parts store. These trucks are very sensitive to electrical issues (everything lights up and flashes all over the dashboard) caused by a dying battery.

OP
OP
D

dmarkellos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
K.....the 22 rim was on it when I bought....been looking for 17s but like I said...funds are tight....looking at tires and wheels may not be possible...everything is so damn expensive....taking off the brake pads now to have a look but it doesn't look promising with tire off

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Hello from NC,
I had 2001 Suburban, does your truck have the auto 4wd or selectable 4wd? I know the ABS module is finicky and that could be causing the ABS and brake warning lights.
There are several videos that can walk through re-soldering several weak points. I will be honest, I re-soldered mine but ended up just buying a used one that worked.
Like @OR VietVet said, it could be a bad hub.

Maybe you can sell/trade the 22” on Facebook marketplace and get a factory set.

Good luck!

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
@dmarkellos - Any updates?

Also, have you looked up any used tires locations? I was thinking about it the other day and I remembered when I put 33s on my Land Cruiser I did not do a matching spare, but I did get a matching sized spare from a used tire place for like $50 or something. It had 10k miles on it and was in great shape when purchased. Might be another direction to look at.

RET423

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My money is on front wheel bearings, 22's eat them up pretty regularly buts it an easy fix; if you spend the money on Timken bearings for the replacement you won't regret it

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

As @OR VietVet stated, you may need to have a local trusted shop check it out, rather than throwing the parts cannon at it.

One thing that you can do first at no cost is to remove the battery and have it bench tested at a local auto parts store. These trucks are very sensitive to electrical issues (everything lights up and flashes all over the dashboard) caused by a dying battery.
Clean those ground connections at the body and frame!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
More than likely the sellers had the 22” rims that may or may not be bent. I’m sure they went to a tire boneyard and put a set of 22’s that have a slip’d (internal unraveling) belt. That makes the suckers jump like that. Very dangerous to drive on one as its getting ready to unravel.

Have someone drive next to you so you can see which tires to address first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
resmith3