What have i done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BacDoc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience. Definitely a learning experience about researching before buying especially with that year and 22” wheels.

I second the recommendation for putting the wheels on Facebook marketplace and shopping the correct size there. Due to current market for some reason 22” wheels are trendy and you might break even.

As others have said find a shop or mechanic that has experience with these trucks. That shouldn’t be hard and if it’s too expensive to fix then try and sell it and consider it an expensive lesson in purchasing big ticket items.

OP
OP
D

dmarkellos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So.....sorry been elbow deep in s@#%....Took off the 22s...replaced with 16s and new tires...replaced 02 sensors...new brakes....bought code reader...came up rear brake sensors....find them.....they were cut.....not worn.....CUT....the bolt keeping it in is broke off in it...the sensor crammed back in the hole...the other side is fubared...stripped....got a bolt extractor....which I'll do in the morning....slowly chipping away at codes but got a lot to go.....Cat being a very worrisome one....for now I lay in bed pondering all the bad Choices in life.....and wishing I could have 5 minutes alone with the seller in a locked room

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

My first reaction would have been a slipped belt in a tire. I would not put a 22" tire/rim on a 2004 Yukon.

Need a shop to inspect. May well have a failed hub bearing assembly.
My first instinct would have been to run away from a 2004 with 22" wheels on it. That person most likely spent ALL their money to look "cool" and then had to forgo the basic maintenance routine. Hence the outcome?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc3000