What intake are you running?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant best one out there...4" Collector and an inclosed box SO NO heat sock and it bolts up the stock hole in the fender to get best cold air possible.

Why not just drop in a K&N Filter?

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with foreverfalcon out of everything i have done so far i would say that cold air intake was a waste of money for me. it obviously helps but the benefits of replacing it are slim. just drop in a k&n. dont forget to put the sticker on the back glass. extra hp's lol

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting that you with the Volant DO realize that the even the CAI with the top opening ARE actually a sealed CAI when the hood is closed, right?

Some of your answers/comments would lead me to believe that many haven't thought about it. The answers & comments not only in this thread but in the majority of this site.

Btw, removing the solid piece behind the passenger side headlight directs air directly to the CAI ......... enclosed box isn't going to make a big enough difference in ambient temps for anyone to notice. This debate has gone on for the past few years on my favorite BMW forum and will probably go on here for as long .......... if not longer.

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The open style intakes really don't "seal" when the hood closes. It just covers it. The reason the sealed box on the Volant is attractive is so you don't suck in the dirtier air from the engine compartment. Others may disagree but I have found that my filter stays cleaner for much longer with less debris caught in the pleats.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm expecting that you with the Volant DO realize that the even the CAI with the top opening ARE actually a sealed CAI when the hood is closed, right?

Some of your answers/comments would lead me to believe that many haven't thought about it. The answers & comments not only in this thread but in the majority of this site.

Btw, removing the solid piece behind the passenger side headlight directs air directly to the CAI ......... enclosed box isn't going to make a big enough difference in ambient temps for anyone to notice. This debate has gone on for the past few years on my favorite BMW forum and will probably go on here for as long .......... if not longer.

:emotions122:

LOL, BMW's are race inspired...

Apples to Oranges buddy

Back to the topic...back to the truth.

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:emotions122:

LOL, BMW's are race inspired...

Apples to Oranges buddy

Back to the topic...back to the truth.

I have an apple & orange in the garage ......... there are still similarities however miniscule they may be.