What is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeRestore

Reaction score
My son just bought a 2001 Tahoe 5.3 with 115K. It's been garage kept for 17 years by a seasonal resident of Florida and great shape cosmetically. We were doing some preventative maintenance and removed the plastic rear belly pan (dog bone shaped?) this was on the top and fell out. Does anyone recognize where it may have come from? He will be joining the forum soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5843 6.JPG
    IMG_5843 6.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5844 5.JPG
    IMG_5844 5.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5848.JPG
    IMG_5848.JPG
    382.5 KB · Views: 3

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it came out of the inside it could be the remnants of the factory sub woofer if it had one, drivers side rear panel with the "grill holes in the plastic"

OP
OP
TahoeRestore

TahoeRestore

Reaction score
Thanks for the input & questions.

The unknown round piece is plastic.

I don't know the correct name of the "belly pan", but it similar to the plastic skid plate that angles up to the front frame. This pan is aft of the front one. May be called a skid shield. The next time the truck is here I'll get a pic of the shield.

The broken round part was laying on top of this shield. It might not be from the truck but bounced up there from the road. I just thought someone may recognize it so we can replace/fix if it's from the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flacostahoe

Latest posts