What should my tire pressure be at for 22s??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWDENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put some 22s on my Denali with a 285/45/22 and needed to know what should the tire pressure be at? The tire shop put them at 40-42psi and my guage keeps saying check front right tire pressure idk y it says that when that tire is set at 40psi to, and they installed my senors onto the new wheels,

Tibo77

Reaction score
Mario, look on the inside of your door, there is a yellow and white sticker that gives tire pressures for your vehicle. I used to think it was special for different sized tires. I called Goodyear, and several other techs, received the same answer all around, they advised follow the sticker specs. I think it was 38psi cold, but not totally sure. That 40 plus pounds makes it handle rough.

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bryan is right on the money. Your door placard is the right place. Now your truck has air sensors I assume. They read a certain position. If they were not re-learned or reset. You could be checking the wrong tire. If you need to add air remember tempature affects air oressure if the tire is hot " been driven" go about 3psi over. You will notice when the truck has been sitting over night or several hours the pressure will drop a few psi. Good luck

06xl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mario, look on the inside of your door, there is a yellow and white sticker that gives tire pressures for your vehicle. I used to think it was special for different sized tires. I called Goodyear, and several other techs, received the same answer all around, they advised follow the sticker specs. I think it was 38psi cold, but not totally sure. That 40 plus pounds makes it handle rough.

+ 1 on that 40 plus = rough ride I was always wondering why my truck rides rough felt every little bump and if I hit a decent sized one (not pot hole) it felt like the truck wanted to break lose on me drop psi to 38 and smooth clean ride

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The door sticker is designed for the stock wheel/tire combination, not for every tire you put in the vehicle (including the aftermarket 22").

I'd be inclined to call the manufacturer and ask what their recommendation is. Although I do find that roughly 38-40psi works very well.

mtcrumb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
An old school way to check your tire pressure is take a piece of chalk and draw a line across the with of each tire. Then take it for a drive came back and check the chalk lines. Chalk gone from the center and not the sides= overinflated
Chalk gone on the sides and not the middle under pressure. Chalk line gone good pressure and then you will have even tire ware across the tire. As Robbie stated when you change the rims form stock the door tag means nothing.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 45 on mine buts it's a little stiff. (gigitty)

40 is about right.

50 is is usually the max rating on tires that size.

Tibo77

Reaction score
Robbie, I used to think the same thing, but two techs from two different places gave me the same info on the 22's in regard to running the door sticker. Then again, it's probably a standard answer due to liability anyhow..

Also, I'm running an Impala PPV at work, they put Eagle RSA's on it this past week. The tech had put over 40 in each tire, after running it a few miles, I got a warning light, it had gone up to 52lbs just due to heat. Never trust the tire shop LOL, I ran them back down to 35psi cold and it's like night and day. I'm just glad I wasn't running 120 on the interstate when I figured all that out.

sparsons79

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my Lade stock 22 cold psi should be 35.

I just put some 22s on my Denali with a 285/45/22 and needed to know what should the tire pressure be at? The tire shop put them at 40-42psi and my guage keeps saying check front right tire pressure idk y it says that when that tire is set at 40psi to, and they installed my senors onto the new wheels,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonduck