What would you do? Paint question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beav626

Pretty Girls in your city for night
Reaction score
my 03 EXT was damaged by City sand trucks during our last bout of snow. Ive contacted the city and they sent me the paperwoirk but say it is unlikley that they will pay anything...

So I have a low comp deductible on my policy so I could do this myself for the $250 ded.

Damage consist of chipped up window.
Chipped up front bumper both fenders and hood.

like lots of little rick chips

Body shop estimate was $1600 including new windshield.

Dilema. Storm season is coming and I dont want to fix my car now and have a monster hail storm hit it in the spring.

it is a 03 with over 100k miles and she is my DD.

Should I just have Geico fix my Windshield for free and leave the rest incase something worse happens. or would you fix it now.

fifjPgCGEKGrHqUH-DkEsNErTb8yBLO7I0y.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd just fix it now if it was me. We get hail storms here too but it's gotta be pretty large hail to cause 'major' damage and it's usually in concentrated areas and not the entire city so the likelihood of your EXT gettig damaged by a hail storm is farely remote:shrug: just my 2 cents :)

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 03 EXT was damaged by City sand trucks during our last bout of snow. Ive contacted the city and they sent me the paperwoirk but say it is unlikley that they will pay anything...

So I have a low comp deductible on my policy so I could do this myself for the $250 ded.

Damage consist of chipped up window.
Chipped up front bumper both fenders and hood.

like lots of little rick chips

Body shop estimate was $1600 including new windshield.

Dilema. Storm season is coming and I dont want to fix my car now and have a monster hail storm hit it in the spring.

it is a 03 with over 100k miles and she is my DD.

Should I just have Geico fix my Windshield for free and leave the rest incase something worse happens. or would you fix it now.

fifjPgCGEKGrHqUH-DkEsNErTb8yBLO7I0y.jpg

I would say yes to having the windshield fixed now.

However, if you have pictures of your truck that are recent enough to show the now existing damage wasn't there BEFORE the last storm bout then I would say go ahead & pursue a claim against the city. I'm guessing you have plenty of pics, but need something very recent.

OP
OP
B

beav626

Reaction score
I would say yes to having the windshield fixed now.

However, if you have pictures of your truck that are recent enough to show the now existing damage wasn't there BEFORE the last storm bout then I would say go ahead & pursue a claim against the city. I'm guessing you have plenty of pics, but need something very recent.

I dont have any good close ups of the damaged areas. and reemeber it has over 100k on it and there were already rock chips on it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would definitely opt for just getting it fixed now but I'm one that can't stand having dents in my ride. I'm too OCD about that kinda stuff.... :shrug:

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have any good close ups of the damaged areas. and reemeber it has over 100k on it and there were already rock chips on it.

Ok, I didn't realize you already had rock chips. That kinda kills your chances of proving the city at fault right there.

OP
OP
B

beav626

Reaction score
I would definitely opt for just getting it fixed now but I'm one that can't stand having dents in my ride. I'm too OCD about that kinda stuff.... :shrug:

me too but luckily there are no dents just nice new rock chips (Show me a black truck w/out them)

Ok, I didn't realize you already had rock chips. That kinda kills your chances of proving the city at fault right there.
Thats what I figured.

If I file the claim with Geico I wonder if that will hurt my insurance rates since it is a comp claim. I had one last year on the truck cause someone thought they needed my radio more than me.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
me too but luckily there are no dents just nice new rock chips (Show me a black truck w/out them)

Sorry about that, I misread your original post a little bit somehow. I saw the rock chips but for some reason thought I'd read where a small dent or two might have been left. My bad! :Handshake:

OP
OP
B

beav626

Reaction score
Sorry about that, I misread your original post a little bit somehow. I saw the rock chips but for some reason thought I'd read where a small dent or two might have been left. My bad! :Handshake:

that sand truck would have been throwing boulders rather than sand.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey Danny, who did you get a quote for the paint job? I'm in Stillwater. Is this an insurance check?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968