What's the best car alarm system to go with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigFella

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to get an alarm system and I was showing interest in the Viper 5902 2way with remote start. But then I was told by a couple of people that the Excalibur was actually a better system. What do you think is the best alarm system to get?

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I need to get an alarm system and I was showing interest in the Viper 5902 2way with remote start. But then I was told by a couple of people that the Excalibur was actually a better system. What do you think is the best alarm system to get?

Never heard of Excalibur, but there's a whole thread on the Viper 5701, which I believe is very similar in functionality to the 5902, just doesn't have the LCD key fob.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excalibur! I didn't know they were still around. They were made by Omega who also produced the k-9 alarm. I used to use Excalibur alarms back in the 90's. They were really good back then. They did what they had to with no issues at a lower price. I don't know what quality they are putting out now since like I said I thought they were gone. Viper or some of the other DEI alarms are what I would recommend right now. But do some research maybe Omegas Excalibur still holds up.

sloblack00

Reaction score
i have the new compustar with 900mhz, i couldnt tell you how much it is on it its own or installed because it was done along with all my other madness

it has up to 1.5miles of radius to notify and alert you

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
i have the new compustar with 900mhz, i couldnt tell you how much it is on it its own or installed because it was done along with all my other madness

it has up to 1.5miles of radius to notify and alert you

I had that with the autostart on my other car and the range absolutely sucked compared to the Viper. Sometimes it wouldn't respond if I was in a building. I could be on the other side of a window looking at my car and it wouldn't work. Step out the door and it would. It was just random, don't know if it was interference or what, but the range was nothing like it was supposed to be and half the time it wouldn't respond at all if I was, say, in a store.

I have yet to have the Viper fail and I've tried it from places the Compustar would not work. Like from the depths of the cooler at Costco and inside the movie theater.

Donkey Punch

Panantukan
Reaction score
Im new to the alarm business but I ended up going with an auto page RS 1000. Led key fob is pretty cool, kinda bulky and the range seems to be pretty good. I've only been about 100yrds from the vehicle so as far as range goes its good enough. overall pretty happy with it. I think I got it for $340ish..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwaynedoublin1

Latest posts