What's the difference between the Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting info! I knew that there had to be differences but wasn't quite sure of the specifics. I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to afford a new Denali or new Esky, though. If I ever get either one of those it'll be used by at least a couple years :) that, and I cannot see myself buying a $60k+ vehicle. :D I did have a Denali for a while but it was a 99 and I bought it in 06 :lol: not quite the same :)

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd never go new myself unless I had lots of $$$. I always find it sensible to buy a used one with low miles and save money. Why am I even saying this...I'm not even 18 yet. But that is how I will buy my cars. :D

Sadly enough, since I'm moving way out of state for college, I will probably be getting rid of my Tahoe soon and going with a GMC Terrain.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoe to terrain is kind of a step down :(

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am definitely gonna miss the size and power...but the Terrain has a lot of things I like (customizable NAV and liftgate, Escalade-style needle sweep, etc) and it is better on gas and insurance.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
zach2011 said:
I'd never go new myself unless I had lots of $$$. I always find it sensible to buy a used one with low miles and save money. Why am I even saying this...I'm not even 18 yet. But that is how I will buy my cars. :D

Sadly enough, since I'm moving way out of state for college, I will probably be getting rid of my Tahoe soon and going with a GMC Terrain.

Wow that's sad news. Whoever gets your tahoe is one lucky bastard. Be sure to sell me your gauge cluster/needles before you get rid if it :)

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow that's sad news. Whoever gets your tahoe is one lucky bastard. Be sure to sell me your gauge cluster/needles before you get rid if it :)

Thanks but you wouldn't want them, a couple "diamonds" fell off and I recently figured out that my needles are way off, meaning I've been very misinformed while driving lately...so until the trading day finally comes I'm looking to get an OEM 2007 Denali gauge cluster...they made those look nice but only for the 2007 year model. Then all Tahoes and Yukons used the Tahoe cluster.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would make your choice on looks because anything that the yukon has can be put on the tahoe.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a beautiful cluster!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkmarius