Wheel Spacer Bad or GOOD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO.. i have a 1999 Denali 4x4 V8 5.7L.

do you have a picture of the parts that will Be damage? or a link to it? i really want to search how much work it will take to replace it and how much.. if its not so expensive to replace and easy to replace i will just install it. but its hard and expensive .. i will not install spacer

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by noJeepshere
I see you have a 2wd Tahoe. That makes a difference, as those are old style bearings, whereas the 4wd Tahoe/Yukons have a non-serviceable unit bearing, when it wears out, the whole thing gets replaced.

I figured that out after I posted it, hah.

I believe this is the hub/bearing assembly.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WBI-515024/

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel bearing is only for the Front of the SUV

For the Rear. if i put a spacer i don't see any HUB at all, its Solid shaft. so if i install a 1" to 1.5" spacer in the rear it will not hurt anything?

but the front is a different story. and i kinda see why it will hurt it.. the prize for the Wheel Bearing is Cheap and the installation is so Easy. its like a BIG LEGO TOY.. i will install one..

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
992dr: No worries. I guess I should also mention that I was in remote Healy, Ak at the time and I had to wait for them to come up from the lower 48. Because Chevy trucks don't fail all that often in Alaska...:rolleyes:

longstand: not trying to scare you, I think you'll be fine, especially as you prolly won't put the kind of miles on yours as I have mine. I use mine for offroad use and have jumped it and hit many a potholed dirt road from southern Utah to northern Alaska, so the miles on mine have been pretty hard...:) That with offset wheels (same effect as spacers) and you get early wheel bearing failure. Given your sporting 24"s I think you'll be fine.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WEee..

Seens the Replacement for the HUB bearing is SUPER easy. to replace. i will just install Spacer.

I purchase 4 Wheel Spacer.
They are all 1". not the 1.5".

i just don't Want my Wheels to RUB. iam preaty Sure this will fix my problem.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used wheel spacers on my S10.
Primary reason I used them was after installing a PST aftermarket swaybar, my wheels would knock my balance weights off the wheels.
Byproduct of using them was a wider front wheelbase which helped cornering Trmendously!
They did however wear out bearings faster.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Car will not be use alot any way.. my wife will just use it to work everyday. which her work is only about 4 miles away.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I would use it a little more than that or increase your fluid maintenance. Not a lot of time to really heat things up and burn off condensation problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou