Where did this flap come from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C Hoov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found this flap in the front right (passenger) wheel well behind the skirt (2001 Tahoe). I have no idea where it came from. It seems to be weighted, looks like a brass weight molded in it. The rubber is totally deteriated. Would like to know if anyone knows what it is before I tear the truck apart looking for its origin.

Attachments

• DSCN1296.jpg
    DSCN1296.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCN1297.jpg
    DSCN1297.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 34

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look familiar to me. Could it have been kicked up there off of the road while driving?

OP
OP
C

C Hoov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not likely, had to take the clips from the wheel well plastic to get it out. the piece is about 3"x2.5". you can tell it is hinged at the top (where it tore off) so I'm guessing some sort of fresh air exhaust. I didn't take all the wheel well out so couldn't get a good look up in there.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what it is. ha ha..

Its the piece that the fender goes onto, on the bottom. (i think) only reason i know is my boy wrecked his truck and when i took the fender off, that piece came off and it was only when i took the bolt off from the bottom of the fender. The one at the very bottom, under the fender. Look there.

OP
OP
C

C Hoov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you took the fender off did you notice where the piece broke away from? It has to be some sort of vent, but for what I can't tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO