Which transfer case fluid and how much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really 26 views and nobody knows.:wtf2:

In the defense of those 26 (now 27), the lack of a descriptive title means anyone would click it. For all we know you just put in a turbo'd diesel with a no-gear transmission.

I can't help you with your question (sorry), but if you don't like seeing your replies being lower than your views, then make a useful title.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the defense of those 26 (now 27), the lack of a descriptive title means anyone would click it. For all we know you just put in a turbo'd diesel with a no-gear transmission.

I can't help you with your question (sorry), but if you don't like seeing your replies being lower than your views, then make a useful title.

good thinking. I changed it from "01 yukon" to "Which transfer case fluid and how much?"

Hopefully he can get some answers soon

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 02 5.3l 4x4 (not permanent awd). Check your manual to be sure, but the blue auto track II fluid is likely if similar setup to mine, and it takes just under 2 quarts. You'll need a tube/hose to get the fluid in as my filler hole sits right next to a cross member so pushing fluid in with a nozzle adapter won't fit. Good luck.

Mechahead

Reaction score
It takes 2 quarts of Auto Trak 2 as stated above. Don't put in ATF. As also as stated above, its a pain to get in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus