Which wheel is better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but 22's will have more sidewall on the tire and some like that better :deal:

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brodies. Almost bought them in black. Nothing wrong with 22's. Its what I got. Can't go any bigger with the pot holes we get here!!!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know this supposed 22-24 inch dilemma in regards to road/ride quality seems to be a whole lot about nothing imho.

Back in 04 I leased an Acura TL. Great car, rocket engine, and at the time it was years ahead of others in regards to all the technology it offered ... only thing is I went through 3 rims and 6 tires in three years. I had AAA on freakin' speed dial and drove in a permanent state of anxiety because of this. And I didn't even have the summer performance tire option on mine, I can't image what those who did had to go through.

On the Tahoe, since I upped from the stock 18s to the 24s I honestly have felt no change as to ride quality and not once have I cringed after driving over a pothole. But I don't drive this thing like I drove the Acura.

In the end those of us who are daily drivers are driving a big ass SUV and fact is that by nature most of us don't drive it like a sports car ... as a result less likely to burn through massive pothole without having time to notice/avoid them.

But really, even if we drove over a deep gash on the road at high speed ... would it really make a difference if it's a 22 or 24? And what would be the precise speed and pothole depth that would damage a 24 but leave a 22 unscathed?

Once you go big it is what it is. :pimp:

PS: Veloche

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last thing I need is to spend the money on a 24 for my wife to curb it inside of a week and send me over the edge. I like more sidewall for my own sanity!! :)

Sickblutahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me personally I don't care for big wheels on a 4wd. I actually use my 4wd that's why I lifted it I only have 17s because I want as much tire as I can get because I don't want to worry about rocks! If I was gonna have huge wheels on my hoe I would own a 2wd. But hey to each is own.

OP
OP
V

vietcu

Reaction score
Everyone has their own preference as to what size they like, I think anything over 24" on a truck is absolutely ridiculous. But I will get those that have 26" and yet still feel that they are too small and want to go bigger. 2" isn't going to make that much of a difference, but I feel a little more at ease with a little extra meat under my truck. And again to each his own, otherwise we would just have only one wheel manufacturer making only one type of wheel.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you say we all go back to the days of having 15x8 and 16x8 rims??? :shrug:

:lol:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you say we all go back to the days of having 15x8 and 16x8 rims???

Greeks, who pretty much invented the concept of spite, have the following expression to describe it:

If I cannot push you over the cliff, I shall pull you!

Do not drag us down to your little wheels, we will not go back to those dark days ... no sir, we WILL NOT!!!

:ehcapt:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you say we all go back to the days of having 15x8 and 16x8 rims??? :shrug:

i know its not the point of the thread but im pretty sure we cant even go that small on NNBS due to brakes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe guy