why is my security light on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wigwag90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My security light came on today and I dont know what would cause it. I have a 99 Tahoe with keyless entry only. It went off when I left it off for a while but after driving for a few minutes it came back on. Just curious what could cause it. Thanks guys.

OP
OP
W

wigwag90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ignition fuse in the under hood fuse pannel and it is grounded to a battery ground. It's been this way for about 7 months now and this is the first time its done anything out of the ordinary.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm, have you taken it to get codes read? Might be a gas cap thing or something minor like that.

OP
OP
W

wigwag90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a locking gas cap on it and it did happen after I got gas today. I didnt know it would throw a code for thegas cap. Will disconnecting the battery reset any codes?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes all codes will be reset if you disconnect. My suggestion would be, next time it comes on, take it to an AutoZone (or something of the like) and have them check your codes (free).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968