why not to install Headlight tint!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
So I have had headlight film tint on my vehicle for about 3 months now. And have always liked the look, but hated the light output after installing it. I have HID with Depo modded projectors, so the light output before tint was great, after, not so much.

Anyways, looked at the headlights yesterday, and saw that the tinting has caused my headlights to burn/melt a spot in the headlight lens where the light goes thru, and also then caused the lens to start cracking. I know it's the tint cause I have had the headlights for quite awhile now with absolutely no problems till tint installed. Also it makes sense now thinking about it, cause HID-high intensity discharge, causes alot of heat and then putting a dark film/tint over the lens will cause a heat build up since the light can't all get thru. Here is the aftermath:

Here is the burn whole that was produced
austinsphone299.jpg
Here is the cracking/spider webbing that happened because of the heat
austinsphone305.jpgaustinsphone304.jpg

In process of talking with company I bought tint film from to get some new headlights, since no where on there website does it say this may happen. Who would have thought??? Now after it happened, I totally understand and see how something like this would happen. just alittle heads up for anyone thinking about doing this who may have HID's.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats great info bro... just sucks about your Headlights. Good luck on getting replacements too.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Hope it just gives somebody a little heads up on what it may do to there lights. Ya, I am in the process of talking with the tint film company. I already spoke with the company I bought the headlights from, and they are trying to get me a replacement possibly. But really think the tint company needs to get involved, and realize the affect there product has on lights.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
that sucks. But thanks for posting this up. i was thinking of getting some headlight covers

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinting headlights has to be the dumbest effing idea I've heard in a long time. Is there any logical reason to do this? Besides "I like the look"?

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
Tinting headlights has to be the dumbest effing idea I've heard in a long time. Is there any logical reason to do this? Besides "I like the look"?

whose ride is it?
oh thats right its whiteouts not yours
he did it because he thought it looked good in his opinion, I doubt he cares what your opinion is on it because you aren't the one driving it everyday

I thought it looked sick tinted!!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
yes to each their own. Besides it dont matter if you have hid fogs lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts