Will 20" tire improve ride quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tritron

Reaction score
Will having larger tires 20" will improve ride quality versus 17" ? Is there tire that will improve ride quality on 17" Right now rie is good on smooth road but hiting imperfection causes vibration shakes . Is this how ppv ride is or I can improe it ?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will having larger tires 20" will improve ride quality versus 17"?
Only if the 20" wheels are lighter than the 17" wheels, which is IMPOSSIBLE.
Is there a tire that will improve ride quality on 17"? Right now ride is good on smooth road but hitting imperfection causes vibration shakes.
Is this how ppv ride is or I can improve it?
What is your present tire size? GM OE for PPV is 265/60R17.
You want 265/70R17, if not taller.

Also, you likely need new shock absorbers.

PPVs are for catching speeding vehicles, they are not couches with wheels.
Un-PPV your suspension with stuff from squishier Tahoes, maybe that will make you happy.

Bigburb3500

Reaction score
Bigger rims = worse ride. I have 16” rims on my old Toyota and 33” tires. The ride is amazing.
Start with replacing shocks. I just did them on my suburban and it was night and day. My truck only had 70k on it so if your truck has anywhere near that, start there then look at mich ltx tires. Really the best road tire for comfort and noise. If anyone wants to argue that. You are just wrong and should sit down in their wrongness LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAREDO TAHOE