Will Z71 avalanche rear fender flares fit on a Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brizzzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rear flares on a 2011 avalanche would fit on a 2011 Tahoe? Obviously you would need to cut them to fit the Tahoe since there is a piece on the door and the bumper is separate, but could they fit otherwise? They look to follow the same body lines and I think they look very similar.

Long story short, I’m looking for Z71 flares for my LT Tahoe, but can’t find any. I found a full set of flares for a Z71 avalanche that are the same color as my Tahoe and I’m wondering if I should pull the trigger. They’re listed at $400 for the whole set, so it could be a decent loss if they don’t fit. Is it worth the risk?

I’ve attached some pictures I found of the avalanche and the Tahoe for comparison.

Let me know what you think or if anyone has any info or experience with this, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3770.jpeg
    IMG_3770.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3769.jpeg
    IMG_3769.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3767.jpeg
    IMG_3767.jpeg
    479 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3766.jpeg
    IMG_3766.jpeg
    633.2 KB · Views: 4

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the rear flares on a 2011 avalanche would fit on a 2011 Tahoe? Obviously you would need to cut them to fit the Tahoe since there is a piece on the door and the bumper is separate, but could they fit otherwise? They look to follow the same body lines and I think they look very similar.

Long story short, I’m looking for Z71 flares for my LT Tahoe, but can’t find any. I found a full set of flares for a Z71 avalanche that are the same color as my Tahoe and I’m wondering if I should pull the trigger. They’re listed at $400 for the whole set, so it could be a decent loss if they don’t fit. Is it worth the risk?

I’ve attached some pictures I found of the avalanche and the Tahoe for comparison.

Let me know what you think or if anyone has any info or experience with this, thanks!
No, the Tahoe is shorter and the flare cuts into the door where it doesn't on the one made for your longer Avy.

These are the part numbers I see for the rear for your truck: 15944821 for the Driver's Side and 15944822 for the passenger side.

GMPartsGiant shows the driver's side still available. If you do an exhaustive search, even trying Amazon and putting out a search on Ebay, I'm sure you'll turn up the other in time.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's some aftermarket flares that look very similar.. Only difference I don't like is the rear bumper section is integrated instead of a seperate piece..

OP
OP
Brizzzy

Brizzzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There's some aftermarket flares that look very similar.. Only difference I don't like is the rear bumper section is integrated instead of a seperate piece..

Thanks for the heads up. I was mostly going for a used set so I could avoid having them painted, but it looks like that might be difficult to do

OP
OP
Brizzzy

Brizzzy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, the Tahoe is shorter and the flare cuts into the door where it doesn't on the one made for your longer Avy.

These are the part numbers I see for the rear for your truck: 15944821 for the Driver's Side and 15944822 for the passenger side.

GMPartsGiant shows the driver's side still available. If you do an exhaustive search, even trying Amazon and putting out a search on Ebay, I'm sure you'll turn up the other in time.
Thank you!

Raptor Tahoe

Reaction score

Have you looked at Bushwacker flares? They offer a variety of street and rivet flares. I am extremely happy with mine and they were easy to paint and install.
1724027539387.jpeg
I went with the bolt-on heavy duty look and am very pleased…
1724027645785.jpeg
Good luck with your project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelB

Latest posts