Window Sticker Descrepancy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I am considering purchasing a 2021 Yukon Denali. I asked for the car fax and window sticker. The sticker shows the Auto Stop/Start with no delete option listed and it also shows power running boards. The car clearly does not have the trailer break, auto stop/start button on the dash, nor the power running boards - just the standard fixed ones. I asked the dealer and he wasn't too assuring. Trying to figure out if something shady is going on before seeing it. It's out of state.

It does have the 6.2L V8 option and thinking maybe that has to do with it? Figured I'd ask the pros.

It also has the ultimate package. Does that make it a denali ultimate or does it just contain some of the options of the ultimate?

Last edited:
OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did check the Vin number on the sheet and just noticed it's also missing the trailer brake controller listed as well.

OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all. I am considering purchasing a 2021 Yukon Denali. I asked for the car fax and window sticker. The sticker shows the Auto Stop/Start with no delete option listed and it also shows power running boards. The car clearly does not have the auto stop/start button on the dash nor the power running boards - just the standard fixed ones. I asked the dealer and he wasn't too assuring. Trying to figure out if something shady is going on before seeing it. It's out of state.

It does have the 6.2L V8 option and thinking maybe that has to do with it? Figured I'd ask the pros.

It also has the ultimate package. Does that make it a denali ultimate or does it just contain some of the options of the ultimate?

Attachments

• V02FG52FZM2FPEVKGG85ZSP7XO2.jpg
    V02FG52FZM2FPEVKGG85ZSP7XO2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 7
  • KA2FEO2F862FWF139SUNBZHW4E2.jpg
    KA2FEO2F862FWF139SUNBZHW4E2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 5

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Denali Ultimate as a model did not debut until 2023. In 2022 there was a Denali Ultimate package that had virtually every available option. It would have included power running boards.

I’d make sure you actually have the correct window sticker.

This vehicle does not have the ultimate package, it doesn’t even have the max trailering package. I can tell because it is missing the trailer brake controller, and the two speed transfer case. It also does not have air ride adaptive suspension. It also does not have auto start-stop (maybe a good thing). Can tell all that from the pic of the controls on the left dash.

Get the VIN, go to this link, and replace the vin in the URL with the one from this vehicle (paste the below in the URL field of your browser, delete the VIN in the below, and replace with the VIN from any GM vehicle, and you will get a PDF of the original window sticker)

"https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2/vehicle/windowsticker?vin=1GKS2CKD3RR266985"

Alternatively, go to any GM dealer w/ the VIN and. Ask for the vehicle history report and the build sheet. This will list all the installed RPO (regular production options) as well as all the known service/warranty history.

Here is a link describing the things in the various packages for 2021:

Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Denali Ultimate as a model did not debut until 2023. In 2022 there was a Denali Ultimate package that had virtually every available option. It would have included power running boards.

I’d make sure you actually have the correct window sticker.

This vehicle does not have the ultimate package, it doesn’t even have the max trailering package. I can tell because it is missing the trailer brake controller, and the two speed transfer case. It also does not have air ride adaptive suspension. It also does not have auto start-stop (maybe a good thing). Can tell all that from the pic of the controls on the left dash.

Get the VIN, go to this link, and replace the vin in the URL with the one from this vehicle (paste the below in the URL field of your browser, delete the VIN in the below, and replace with the VIN from any GM vehicle, and you will get a PDF of the original window sticker)

"https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2/vehicle/windowsticker?vin=1GKS2CKD3RR266985"

Alternatively, go to any GM dealer w/ the VIN and. Ask for the vehicle history report and the build sheet. This will list all the installed RPO (regular production options) as well as all the known service/warranty history.

Here is a link describing the things in the various packages for 2021:

Good luck
Thanks so much this is exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited:
OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you do what I said and use the GM link, with the VIN, they are specific
Oddly enough the dealer was right. I am just not sure why this car doesn't have the items listed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240703_141231_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703_141231_OneDrive.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240703_141220_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240703_141220_OneDrive.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP

204Angler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those window stickers are generic and not vehicle specific unless you are holding the one that came with the truck in your hand.
It's showing a 2021 deanli with the ultimate package. From the pics It's at the least definitely missing the power running boards, trailer break controller and auto stop/start. Not sure why this is...

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's showing a 2021 deanli with the ultimate package. From the pics It's at the least definitely missing the power running boards, trailer break controller and auto stop/start. Not sure why this is...

2021 was a crazy time with Covid still in full swing, many vehicles were completed missing options or were partially equipped with options with notices to come back later and get them completed.

@WalleyeMikeIII I didn't know you could do that with the newer trucks. I was referring to the internet ones that dealers (not necessarily GM) use which I found to always be generic when looking at GMT900s and K2s for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keebler-gsxr1k