Window Tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beelow

Reaction score
I got my 08 Tahoe and it has 25% tint on the rear windows and none on the front two. I'm in TX and I can only find 5% or 20%, not 25%, but 5% on the front is illegal here. My question is would it look right if I put 20% on the front and leave 25% on the back as is? I don't want to get it and it looks bad and then I have to do it all over. Let me know what you think.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go to a shop for 25% where are you looking?

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
I've went to a few shops and they all only had 20%...none had 25%. I've been in TX my whole life and I've never actually seen anyone with 25% here....it's always been 20%.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Hey Regency....what size tires do you have on your 24s on the pic above?? I'm getting some put on mine tomorrow and I'm just curious.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
305/35/24, And I would just take the stock tint off and do all the windows 20% only if you wanna match if not then just throw 20% on the Front since it's already lighter than the back since 5% is out of the question even though it would look amazing.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. Now that I think about it I think it looks weird to have lighter tint on the back than the front which is what it would be if I left 25% on the back and added 20% on the front so I'm leaning toward redoing them all. Just didn't want to shell out 200$ on a new tint job when I could be using that dough to hook up other stuff on it. Right now I have 35% on the front but it's just not dark enough for me. It is what it is I guess.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does Texas allow you to have on the front? 50% is the maximum in Virginia,
unless you obtain a medical waiver like I have. Then it's 35% on the front.

You don't want to be getting pulled over every other day.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Minimum on the front is 25 in TX but I can only find 20% so far, everyone seems to only have 5,20, & 35. Nothing in between. On my old car I had 20% on the front and never got pulled over so I'll probably just take my chances and go for the 20% on the front when I redo it.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Minimum on the front is 25 in TX but I can only find 20% so far, everyone seems to only have 5,20, & 35. Nothing in between. On my old car I had 20% on the front and never got pulled over so I'll probably just take my chances and go for the 20% on the front when I redo it.

20% on the front, plus what tint is already in the factory glass, will take you down to about 15% or 16%.

20% or lower is NOT safe on the driver's and front passenger window.

Good luck on not getting a ticket or two. Sounds like you're riding on borrowed time already.

I like dark windows too. But 20% is NOT safe.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back. Now that I think about it I think it looks weird to have lighter tint on the back than the front which is what it would be if I left 25% on the back and added 20% on the front so I'm leaning toward redoing them all. Just didn't want to shell out 200$ on a new tint job when I could be using that dough to hook up other stuff on it. Right now I have 35% on the front but it's just not dark enough for me. It is what it is I guess.

No prob I have 3% and I love it seeing at night is fine and you get used to it actually looking to tint the windshield 40% with a 3% strip on top no matter what get a tint you'll regret it if you don't.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

welcome to tyf btw!

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Hey Sherrif, what % is on your White Tahoe in the pic?? It looks a lot darker than 35% to me....or is that caused by the angle/glare on the picture?

This is how mine looks now...the glare is bad so you can't really see the tint. I'll post more tomorrow.

Attachments

• Basic.jpg
    Basic.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo