Window Tint...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was me i would just start with 20% on the front, thats what i have now on mine and is what i have always had, its been illegal everywhere i have lived and i have always driven very customized/noticeable vehicles and never been pulled over for tint. One tip my GPA told me is if you get pulled over always turn on all interior lights and roll down your drivers window. Cops actually like it since they can see everything going on in the vehicle he is 30+ years retired duty. One year i was pulled over 36 times and never got any tickets. Anyway back on topic there is a ton of light that comes through the front window so 20% may not look bad, if its not to your liking then maybe through a 20 or 35 over rear windows to darken them up. My tint guy actually had a tool to measure light transparency and my rears stock were about 18%, after putting 20% on the front it measure 17-18% actually since factory uv protection on glass. Sorry for long post, thats my 2 cents. You won't get pulled over in Texas guaranteed.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

My ride is not hard to see out of at all either. If i lived in Texas i would have gone darker. Its F-ing hot downthere. Hahaha

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 has 20% on the fronts and it matches fine to me. My wife does have a little trouble seeing out of them at night. I would change it but she almost never drives at night unless she's driving for me. :drunk:

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll post some pics this afternoon so you can see my current tint job and let me know what you think.

John_denali

Reaction score
What percentage is "limo" tint? When I bought my Denali I just told the dealer to put limo on all but both front windows and do those with whatever is the darkest legal tint. I think it looks good even though they don't match but it's so damn hot here in west Texas. I always see people that have darker than legal tint riding around so I'm gonna go ahead and darken em up. Thinking about 20% on the driver and front passenger side.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 35% in the front and left the rear ones as-is from factory. It was just way too light and not dark enough. So I had them re-do the front windows with 5% the other day and got the back ones done to 15% which they said will equal about 5% since it's on top of the factory tint.

Before:
IMG_2553.jpg

After:
IMG_2835.jpg

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 35% in the front and left the rear ones as-is from factory. It was just way too light and not dark enough. So I had them re-do the front windows with 5% the other day and got the back ones done to 15% which they said will equal about 5% since it's on top of the factory tint.

Before:
IMG_2553.jpg

After:
IMG_2835.jpg

Nice Felix. Looks really good on the black truck.

I have 35% on the front and will probably lower it it 15-20%. 35% just isn't dark enough for me and you can easily see in which I don't like. My rear is equal to 5%, nice and dark. I wouldn't worry about a few percent regarding legal issues. It's not like the cops have super eagle eyes and can tell or have some meter that's says, that's 20%, not 25%. Maybe its different in tx but I've had 2% all the way around and never been pulled over for tint. Other things yes but not for tint.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I had 35% in the front and left the rear ones as-is from factory. It was just way too light and not dark enough. So I had them re-do the front windows with 5% the other day and got the back ones done to 15% which they said will equal about 5% since it's on top of the factory tint. ...

x2. I went with the same setup but have a little on the windshield too though.

Tint1.jpg
Tint2.jpg

What percentage is "limo" tint?...

Limo is 5%.

Last edited:

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Sherrif, what % is on your White Tahoe in the pic?? It looks a lot darker than 35% to me....or is that caused by the angle/glare on the picture?

35% on front windows, 5% elsewhere.

You can see why Virginia allows no more than 35% on the front windows, even with a medical waiver like I have.

Without a medical waiver the front can only be 50%.

OP
OP
B

beelow

Reaction score
This is how mine looks in the daytime with 25 on back and 35 on front....it's just too light for me. I found a guys who can go over my current tint without removing anything that will give me the look that I want....I'm gonna go with 5% on the back and 20% on the front.

Oh and I just put the 24s on there today....has a little rub when I turn but it's not bad at all.

Attachments

• Front Hoe.jpg
    Front Hoe.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Side Hoe.jpg
    Side Hoe.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Back Hoe.jpg
    Back Hoe.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 56

Forum statistics

Threads