Wiring up heated/memory seats in non-heated/memory truck? (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LAWYER2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys. I bought some seats out of an 05 Denali for my 02 Suburban. The new seats are heated/memory seats that have a lot more wiring than my standard seats.
I already know that I can't use the memory/heated options, nor do I want to. My question is which wires do I splice into the existing wiring.

My current seats/wiring

photo-22.jpg

and the new wiring harness

photo-21.jpg

It's only three wires, do I just match up the colors and leave the rest hanging?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh.... SUNs got this one he will chime in , if i told you what to do your truck would burn to the ground i have no idea

OP
OP
L

LAWYER2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LoLz, I figured it out. Only needed the power, ground, and some other thin (black/white) wire. It works fine. The guy I sold my old seats to helpled me take them out and put in the new ones!

"New dilemma"

The 2nd row captains do not fit!! GRRRR, the front two bolts work fine, but the rear two bolts do NOT. Am I missing something?

looking good . . . .
photo-25.jpg

. . . then Duh Duh Duh, Dunnnnn .. . . .
photo-23.jpg
photo-24.jpg

sparks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe the capitan chairs only fit in XL's that are 03+. may be wrong tho, but it makes sense based on yours being an 02 and the donor being an 05

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colton