WoW my new brakes ROCK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProStreetCamaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of good stuff about the Napa adaptive one pads and since I needed new rotors I got napa ultra premium rotors and adaptive pads together. I have to say the brakes stop VERY good for the stock set up. The rotors are guaranteed to never warp and the pads are lifetime guarantee also. I would have to highly recommend this set up for anybody that doesnt want to spend big bucks on a big brake set up.

Oh and I must say this was one of the easiest brake jobs I have ever done. On the ground with hand tools it took me about 45 minutes.

Napabrakes.jpg

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Good review.:Handshake:
Most people here run EBC rotors/pads when they upgrade, which would cost more than your setup but I wonder which is more worth it.
How much did the whole package run?

OP
OP
P

ProStreetCamaro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good review.:Handshake:
Most people here run EBC rotors/pads when they upgrade, which would cost more than your setup but I wonder which is more worth it.
How much did the whole package run?

$315 out the door so price wise they are probably similar. On the plus side napa is right up the street when it is time for new brakes. These are guaranteed not to dust or make noise also.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$315 out the door so price wise they are probably similar. On the plus side napa is right up the street when it is time for new brakes. These are guaranteed not to dust or make noise also.

not a too bad price for rotors and pads. I am thinking about changing my rotors and pads, but there is so many options it gets me confused when i start to look, so i usually just stop looking and go on about something else lol

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i slapped a set of the adaptive pads on about 6months ago and so far so good. I ended up using the centric premium rotor rather than the napa. I wish i would have gone with the napa rotors as well because of the warranty. I had EBC pads before the napa and removed them after 5k miles due to the heavy dust.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought EBC rotors and pads (Greenstuff) at autoanything for ~$300. Put ~25k with no problems and very little dust.

Not sure why ajs800 had more brake dust though. I wonder if the EBC pads wore through the rotor more quickly. Which EBC pads did you get?

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the green pads...it might have been due to the rotors, but I am quite certain it was the pads...i would get pad residue all over the wheel after a few days of driving.

cmorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have an 09 nali and with 22's and was thinking about doing this for long term wear on the factory rotors which seem really small to me for stock? are you guys switching these out at replacement time or just to get longer life and better braking?
thanks

I just cant understand why all of these heavy trucks have such small rotors up front?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Queen_313