Y172 Software Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to communications from NHTSA web site, Y172 SW now available...I read through the fixed issues, I have experienced these four:
-Start-up audio delayed.
-Navigation page will not load on cluster (occasionally for me)
-CarPlay will not connect or is slow to connect (occasionaly, I'd say 1 out of 75 startups)
-Customer sees "XM Loading" message (about 1 in 10 startups)

Here is a link to the Bulletin. Maybe they will dump it OTA, we will see.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I'm hoping they release the OTA because the GM dealer wanted to charge me to troubleshoot the issue before they would even update the software.

sammiemo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I received the Y172 update today. I'd been having audio dropouts and fan blower speed drops for a long time (addressed, I believe, by an earlier software update), and they upgraded me to this version. I also had an issue where I received a console message that I needed to replace the battery on my key FOB that persisted even after I changed the battery. The dealer said that issue has been addressed by the update (or a previous version) as well.

OP
OP
WalleyeMikeIII

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the Y172 update today. I'd been having audio dropouts and fan blower speed drops for a long time (addressed, I believe, by an earlier software update), and they upgraded me to this version. I also had an issue where I received a console message that I needed to replace the battery on my key FOB that persisted even after I changed the battery. The dealer said that issue has been addressed by the update (or a previous version) as well.
Let us know if you have any other "new" issues...

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to communications from NHTSA web site, Y172 SW now available...I read through the fixed issues, I have experienced these four:
-Start-up audio delayed.
-Navigation page will not load on cluster (occasionally for me)
-CarPlay will not connect or is slow to connect (occasionaly, I'd say 1 out of 75 startups)
-Customer sees "XM Loading" message (about 1 in 10 startups)

Here is a link to the Bulletin. Maybe they will dump it OTA, we will see.
No OTA on this one.
The bulletin states vehicle must be hardwired to internet for download.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Discosuperfly